|Goth Cosplay not included|
|D.O.B.||December 14th, 2058|
Metatype - D |
Attributes - B
Magic/Resonance - A
Skills - C
Resources - E
- 1 Character Information
- 2 In Character Information
Swerve is a dark mage learning how to be a banshee and a shadowrunner at the same time. Stuffer Shack didn't prepare her for this.
- Get Secure - I have a place to live now, but I'm dependent on others for it. I need to be able to stand on my own.
- Process Being Infected - Huh. I'm eating people now. That's cool I guess. Should I be more concerned? Maybe. Perhaps, when I finally get some time off, I should have a breakdown. Or not? Big questions. Also, get a way to buy blood packs.
- Learn More About Magic, Force Reality to Will - So, becoming a mage is a strong positive. Magic is pretty great. I am going to become the strongest I can be.
Sarah Ingram, better known as Swerve, has mainly had a boring life. Average at most things, a somewhat decent relationship with her family, few friends, and a soul-sucking job at Stuffer Shack. With the most to look forward to maybe being an assistant manager, Sarah was looking for a change. For better or for worse, she found it at the end of some fangs. Drained and infected, Sarah rose as a banshee. One accidental, frenzied, feeding later, Sarah realized that she needed to get away. Ditching the torn up body of the unfortunate pedestrian she'd found, she ran towards the outskirts of Redmond.
Scared, confused and alone, things only got worse when she started to feel hungry again. While certainly enhanced, she quickly found that she wasn't as physically strong as the vampires in the trids. No matter how mixed Sarah felt about feeding, it was a need that needed to be satisfied. She never wanted to feel that mindless hunger again. As charging a bunch of armed gangers felt like a good way to die, Sarah tried to get by best as she could, scavenging the dying where she could find them, and, to her shame, feeding off those few in the Redmond nights weak enough that an untrained ex-Stuffer-Shacker could somewhat confidently assault. Suffice to say though, these were not high volume blood sources, and Sarah slowly began to starve again, feeling the hunger crawling in her mind. In desperation, she approached prey, willing that they would just let it happen, that she could finally just be whole. As she attacked, unadvised as it was considering they were armed, her wish miraculously came true. That was the night that Sarah learned she had awakened. For all of her mediocrity in other parts of life, she soon found that she had a tremendous talent for magic.
With a way to survive, Sarah found a somewhat stable equilibrium, hunting by night and hiding by day, until, really by accident, she ran into another group of infected. They directed her to Amelie, promising that she'd give Sarah a path out of the gutter, a way to not only survive, but prosper. Skeptical, but hopeful despite her reservations, she followed through with the tip, and that led her to where she is today. Going from odd jobs and tasks, to serving as a courier for Amelie and others, Sarah has grown her skills and become ready for a higher grade of work. Eager to prove herself, yet terrified of being hunted, she's going to try thread the needle and become greater through it.
- Swerve got the name by driving rather poorly when she first started as a courier. Thankfully, no one was hurt. Too much at least.
- Swerve is still kind of in the middle point of the, Random Normal Person -> Banshee Shadowrunner, pipeline. While she's definitely changed quite a bit even beyond the banshee bit, living on the streets of Redmond requires certain things, she still has relics from her upbringing floating around her mind, like "murder is wrong", "eating people is bad", and so on. At the same time though, her banshee brain and instincts say that those things are cool and good, and that the fear of her victims is delicious. It's a bit of a dissonance. For the time being, she's tactically ignoring it and maintaining some artificial guilt.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Banshee - Swerve's life took a swerve when she was turned into a banshee. She's still in the new and somewhat confused stage of life, though she's starting to rebuild it as she begins to reinvent herself.
- Mentor Spirit (Wolf) - Not long after awakening, Swerve started to have strange(r) dreams. Wolf has begun to guide her. She is teaching Swerve to embrace her nature as a hunter and come to peace with her existence. Also to stop being such a wimp.
- Impassive - It turns out viewing people as food on the regular does thing to your social vibe. It's probably alright.
- Paranoia - Swerve knows that there's a bounty out for her death, or worse, live capture. She also knows the kind of people that she's working with. These facts, combined with her insecurities, leads to a bit of extra anxiety; a new layer on top of what she already had.
- Phobia Rats (mild) - Swerve has been squatting in the bad part of the already bad part of town. Rats have been a constant companion, and she's grown to hate being around them.
|Name||GM||Metaplot||Date of Run|
|Mockery of Fate||Draknic||20 April 2082|
|No One Escapes Internal Affairs||Blood Librarian||13 April 2082|
|A Bouquet to Remember||Isaac||7 April 2082|
|Night Shopping||Mursey||5 April 2082|
|Beggars Can't Be Choosers||Asmodeus||3 April 2082|
|Out of Retirement||Aurora||28 March 2082|
|The Bell Tolls||Asmodeus||Hail to the Pumpking||26 March 2082|
|Amelie and Jean-Baptiste||5||3||Fixer(A,N,K,G)||Infected Cabal Leaders||Ghoul Royalty, Vampire, SK Kid, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Corporate Kid||Even|
|Jeremy Townsend||3||1||Gear||Ex-Firewatch Rigger/Smuggler||Vehicle Specialist, Repairman, Brand Knowledge (Ares), Mods Mods Mods!||Even|
|Miss Moon||3||1||Legwork||Construction||Building layouts, Explosives, Construction, General information||Even|
|Stan||4||2||Gear||Talismonger (Dark Magic)||Awakened, Talismonger, Dark Magic, Dead Things, Organlegger||Even|
|"Wild Goose"||2||1||Gear||ID Manufacturer||SIN Forger, License Forger, Matchmaker||Even|
|Zigzag||1||2||Service||Driver/Organlegger||Ghoul Organlegger, Actually a Good Driver, Dead Drop, Infected Networker||Even|
|Nameless||5||1||Custom(K,A,G,N)||Ghoul Priest||Christian Cult Classic, Underground Underdog, Judicious Judicator, Gloomy Glow Ghoul, Ex-EVO Exemplar, Mana Mentor||Even|
|Chernobog||1||3||Service||Lookout||Power of the Fox, Fox Hole||Even|
|The Night Throne||Member||2||3||Infected Underground Cabal||Maintaining||Redmond|
- Starscreamers +2
- OtherCon +2
In Character Information
Symbols and Signatures
Matrix Search Table
I filled these tables out, but don't like treat them as what you have to use. Feel free to choose whatever you feel is appropriate.
|1||Clips of people crashing in funny and not so funny ways.|
|3||Swerve has an uncanny similarity to the missing person, Sarah Ingram. While they have physical differences, the resemblance can't be denied. Swerve seems to be slightly taller, considerably paler in both hair and skin tone, and she has a different eye color. Despite of all this, they look almost identical.|
|6||A large amount of information about Swerve's life as Sarah. Her family, their locations, where she worked, etc. A bit of camera footage catching her feeding.|
Shadow Community Table
|1||A new runner and mage. Hasn't accomplished much of note.|
|3||A member of Shadowhaven. She's known to summon spirits, though they look kind of... shadowy? Up to her neck in the infected communities of Redmond, particularly the Night Throne. She's almost certainly either infected or one of their thralls.|
|5||A banshee dark mage and member of the Night Throne. Works for Amelie directly, though often aids others with their tasks. She can be friendly or even kind, but at the core, she's still a banshee, with all that implies. She is deeply loyal to her allies and towards other infected.|
|1||In great physical health. Awakened.|
|2||No cyberware. Her aura is darker, tinted with shades of red and violet. Despite that, it pulses with energy.|
|3||No alphaware-grade cyberware. She is infected with HMHVV. The edges of her aura are blackened and frayed, grasping hungrily at those nearby.|
|4||No betaware-grade cyberware. No Bioware. Essence 6, probably. Magic 6.|
|5+||No deltaware-grade cyberware. No gene-ware. No nano-tech. Swerve is a banshee. The condition isn't fully developed yet. She lacks the full suite of powers, and was relatively recently infected.|
Kate Greer(Rating 4 - UCAS) - Courier, delivers packages all around town, including the sketchy parts.
Spooky-pretty banshee. Doesn't wear the clothes in the picture. Less cool than she looks.
Generally wears an armored jacket + biker helmet + lots of protective layers. Keeps the sun from being terrible. The goal is to look like a edgy bike courier who likes road protection, rather than a banshee.