|Titles and Awards||0|
|D.O.B.||July 28, 2050.|
Metatype - E |
Attributes - B
Magic/Resonance - A
Skills - B
Resources - E
- 1 Character Information
- 2 In Character Information
Mysad Alchemist Summoner Bodysnatcher Face.
As an awakened child adopted into the comforts and educational opportunities of the AAA corporate upper echelons, the man who would be Skein seemed set for life. Then his father was suddenly transferred to MCT San Francisco and his mother refused to say why. When his father disappeared in the war with Protector-General Saito less than a year later, his entire world turned upside down. He dropped out of school and hopped the rail to San Francisco to find his father. Month after month of beating his fists against the walls of MCT obfuscation led him nowhere. Money grew tight. Unwilling to give up his search and angry at his mother for her tepid communications on the subject (how could she not be beside him, clawing in the dirt for answers? Did she not care?), he refused to go home. He lived on the streets, conning and stealing what he needed to survive. When the vagabond spirit Odin appeared to him and taught him the Futhark Runes of his ancestors, Skein pulled himself from his drug-induced haze and began anew. He spent years in San Francisco attempting to master the runes of power and his own innate and magic-infused capabilities. Now he is back in the Emerald City, running the shadows in search of answers. Somewhere in this city are answers to what split his family apart, what happened to his father, what is going on with his mother, and who is to blame (i.e., who will be made to pay) at MCT: Seattle.
- Parents are hired by MCT Seattle. Their skills (mother, genetic researcher; father, lawyer and shrewd negotiator) lead to rapid promotion. Having an awakened son certainly does not hurt their advancement. His adept-level social capabilities lead to great educational opportunities for the boy.
- Mother (now heading a cutting-edge bio-symbiont project) is implicated in the disappearance of a highly valuable culture. Her work deemed too important, his father is transferred to MCT San Francisco as leverage. The details of the transfer are kept from the boy, now a young man of 17.
- War breaks out in San Francisco. Father goes dark. The young man drops out of university and travels to SF to find him, but is thwarted by red tape and corporate obfuscation. Years pass and his resources begin to dwindle. He spirals into despair and hedonism.
- The young man begins to see the spirit of a bearded, one-eyed man in ragged robes. He appears to him (sometimes in wildly inappropriate places, such as by a bed in which the young man is not alone), gazes at him with a mixture of curiosity and disappointment, then wanders away. Obsessed by this bearded vagabond, the young man tries everything within his power to catch him and find out what he wants. He chases him, only to have the wily spirit disappear into the astral plane. He takes Shade to follow him, yet still cannot keep up (and, on one occasion, nearly dies). Finally, he begins to study conjuring to call and bind the spirit to him.
- The young man begins the ritual to summon the spirit to him. As he opens himself to and begins to pit his will against the astral, a powerful voice tears through him. “Do not.” Suddenly, he finds himself in a dark Germanic forest at the split of a forking path. A pair of ravens perch on a signpost that reads “Drengskapr” and “Nidr” in Old Norse runes. The young man realizes he is being given a choice between Honor and Shame--between pulling his life together and continuing his quest for answers, or letting it fully fall apart. He chooses Drengskapr, and the ancient spirit, Odin, becomes his mentor and guide.
- After years honing his skills, searching, and self-actualizing, the man--now not quite so young and going by the street name Skein--returns to Seattle. New leads have drawn him to the Emerald City. Hints and suspicions about the events that split his family apart are scattered through the information he has amassed, leaving more questions than conclusions. Is his mother involved, or a hapless victim of corporate machinations? What really happened to his father? Skein turns to running shadows to find out.
- Skein is invited to join ShadowHaven.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Dedicated Conjurer
- Exceptional Attribute (CHA)
- Mentor Spirit (Odin, Fire-Bringer)
- Code of Honor: The Shaman’s Code
- Records on File: MCT
- Signature (Carved Hnefatafl Piece)
|Name||GM||Metaplot||Date of Run|
|Capitalism Ho!||Atlatl||24 August 2081|
|Shimmer Shiny Sea||Chrisst111||16 August 2081|
|Blue Challenge||OB||21 July 2081|
|Salvador "Sal" Ramone||5||2||Networking||Fixer||Hassle-Free Delivery, It's the Music, Man!, In the Mix, Coming Soon!||Even|
|Alias||5||2||Gear||SIN Forger||SIN Forger, Police Contacts, Disguise Enthusiast, Hacker, Infiltrator, College Educated||Even|
|Halvor Ingvarsson||4||3||Custom(G,K,A,N)||Talismonger||Wanted, Enchanter, Planeswalker, Sons of Odin, Thaumaturgist, Norse Tradition||Even|
In Character Information
Public Transportation, for now.
Symbols and Signatures
Matrix Search Table
Shadow Community Table
Skall Stiansen (r3, UCAS)
- Licenses (r3): Mage