|Burnout Adept Muscle|
|"The Yakuza Exile seeking Redemption"|
Metatype - D |
Attributes - A
Magic/Resonance - D
Skills - E
Resources - A
- 1 Character Information
- 2 Goals
- 3 In Character Information
Ryōma (Riyo-Ohma) is a aloof, stand-offish Japanese human. As a Shadowrunner, he takes pride in his swordmanship and is driven to accomplish the mission. Much like most stereotypical Samurai, he lives to improve his skills in physical combat, though he makes an effort to try to contribute to things other than slicing drek up.
As a Burnout Adept, he wields his Katana for up-close combat, but carries Automatic Weapons like his Remington Suppressor and Yamamha Raiden when he needs to take out enemies from afar. He is also quite knowledgable about the local Shotozumi-gumi Yakuza and other crime syndicates... maybe a little too much.
In his free time, he enjoys practicing his English, casually smoking and drinking at bars, as well as taking joyrides on his Harley Motorcycle.
On a short term
- Improve his Sword skills and Negotiation skills, as well as his English.
- Establish a extensive criminal network.
- Acquire better Cyberware and Bioware.
On a long term
- Reestablish the Shinra-Gumi within the Seattle Yakuza community and restore his family name.
- Protect Metahumans from injustice, even from those within the Shotozumi-Rengo.
- Make amends for his past mistakes.
- Be able to return to Japan and regain his father's clan members from the Watada-Rengo.
Before he became a Shadowrunner, Ryōma was once a Japanese citizen of Neo-Tokyo under the name of Tatsumi Shinra, the son of the Yakuza patriarch Ryuuzaki Shinra of the small Shinra-gumi. Though he did not know it, Ryōma's selfish hotheadedness would inevitably lead him down a path of no return.
After unknowingly assaulting Yamaguchi-gumi Kumi-In foot soldiers, the Shinra-Gumi and Ryōma's neighborhood was beset by the Watada-Rengo, sending a number of his classmates and his father's underlings to the hospital. In order to ensure the safety of his clan and his community, Ryuuzaki went to the Watada-Rengo to commit Seppuku whilst smuggling Ryōma away to Seattle.
But the guilt of his mistakes continued to weigh on Ryōma's shoulders, forcing him to seek a new outlook on life. Rather than live a (mostly) peaceful life under a new identity, Ryōma began his career as a Shadowrunner, resolved to gain influence and networks to protect innocents from the criminal injustice from within the Yakuza syndicate.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Agile Defender: Practicing Kendo and Iaido from a young age, Ryōma is more comfortable using his agility and fast reflexes to evade and redirect attacks.
- Black Market Pipeline (Cyberware): In order to get the 'Ware that he's got right now, Ryoma had to make the right connections. Luckily, he was able to find a reliable supplier that sympathized with his situation...
- Candle in the Darkness: Since Ryōma began his career as a Runner, he has done his best to stand by the Akichita Code. And because of this, he sees the importance in making trustworthy connections.
- Mentor Spirit (Stag): A Stag free spirit whose form takes that of a Kirin; a scaled, horned deer-like mythical creature that Ryōma came across within the Awakened Redwood forests. Though it's aura is calming and serene, being around it too long gives off the feeling of anxiety, like you're in the presence of royalty. To Ryōma, it appears as the mythological Kirin, but it's true appearance is unknown...
- Shoot First, Don’t Ask Questions: Whether it's paranoia or Samurai instinct, Ryōma has always had a keen eye out for if he ever were to be ambushed by the local ganger or a Yakuza Hitman sent to wipe him out. Though as a result, he is prone to react without thinking when put in a tense situation.
- Big Regret (Watada-Rengo Yakuza Incident):In order to learn something, you usually have to make a mistake first. But in his case, Tatsumi's big mistake got many innocent people who were close to him hurt or killed. Though he strives to redeem himself through his actions as Ryōma, his composure wavers whenever someone reminds him of his transgression. As such, he doesn't share much, or anything of his past at all, out of fear of his own personal safety, and the individuals around him.
- Code of Honor (The Akichita Code): Restriction: Never show fear. Challenge your strength against worthy foes. Do not allow yourself or your loved ones to fall into decadence or slothful behavior. Never harm the weak or innocent.
- Favored (Common Target, Biased)(Martial Artists and Swordspeople): Ryōma is a firm believer of the "Musha shugyō" the samurai warrior's pilgrimage, where he would wander through the land to face off against worthy opponents to open his horizons in the art of combat. As such, he prefers to converse and learn from Martial Artists and other fighting styles besides Kenjutsu.
|Name||GM||Metaplot||Date of Run|
|Minima de Malis||Zerre de Seattle||14 June 2082|
|Promethium Burns||Asmodeus||6 June 2082|
|Caravan Train||Sleevey||Rough Riders||3 June 2082|
|Where's the escape van||Zerre de Seattle||25 May 2082|
|Mrs. Frost||5||2||Fixer(N,K,A,G)||Head Librarian||Hard to Impress, Take a look, it's in a book, Friends in high places., "You're as cold as ice", "I heard from a little bird..."||Even|
|Christopher Irons||4||1||Custom(G,N,K,A)||Bartender/Smith||Enchanter, Smith, Armorer, Military Contacts, Black Market Connections||Even|
|Commander||2||1||Custom(A,G,N,K)||Black Ops Veteran||Old school Operative, Interrogation Protocol, Smuggling and Escape Route, Extraction, Intelligence Gatherer||Even|
|Leonard MacLainn||4||2||Custom(K,N,G,A)||Legwork and Information||Financial Instability, Cursory Examination, Do You Know Who I Work For!, Time is ... time?, Spirit Wrangler, Small Fry||Even|
In Character Information
Symbols and Signatures
Matrix Search Table
Shadow Community Table
- Fake License rating 4 (Weapon License)
- Fake License rating 4 (Firearms License)
- Fake License rating 4 (Bodyguard License)
- Fake License rating 4 (Concealed Carry Permit License)
- Fake License rating 4 (Driver's License)
Clothes-wise, Ryōma dresses in a more stylish fashion, whether it be wearing a Japanese delinquent-esque Sukajan bomber jacket, leather jacket with jeans, or a slim-fit suit.
Even while wearing his casual wear, Ryōma appears intimidating at first glance. His aloof behavior doesn't help with that either.
A suit-wearing Ryōma with Deer antlers.