|Titles and Awards||
The Matrix Banshee
|D.O.B.||21 July 2055|
Metatype - C
Attributes - B
Magic/Resonance - B
Skills - C
Resources - E
- 1 Character Information
- 2 In Character Information
Purkinje is a sourcerer, a technomancer who believes Resonance can be understood on a practical level. Her dedication to this craft has given her the ability to bend the restrictions of complex forms, allowing her to thread more easily at higher Levels, pass threading memory requirements to a sustain daemon, and even execute multiple complex forms at once. As a result, her living persona's technical specifications are prodigious, well exceeding the limits of any known cyberdeck. On the job, Purkinje favors subtle approaches; she is gifted in social engineering, using her natural charisma and social skills in conjunction with her hacking prowess.
Red Mirrorshades: Purkinje has a sense of justice and prefers to take jobs that involve sticking it to corps and bigots. Her tactical disposition is flexible.
- Fuck up corps, especially MCT, Horizon, and Ares.
- Fight the influence of dissonance, null forms, and other matrix horrors.
- Gather and preserve Matrix and Resonance lore.
- Look out for other elves and technomancers on the streets.
When she was little, Purkinje wanted to be a magician. She saw the magic of Tir Tairngire with a childlike wonder and firmly believed that when she came of age, her latent powers would manifest. They did, but not in the way she wanted. Her parents were appalled to find their daughter so far from their expectations and the prescriptions of the Path of Wheel, and with practically nothing of a support system to help her, she turned to shadowrunning on the streets of Cara'sir as a way to survive. She was smuggled to Seattle after the death of her best friend Johnny Blitz at the hands of MCT.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Bilingual: A native speaker of both English and Sperethiel, Purkinje can fit in with Tir elves and non-Tir elves without an accent giving her away. Some English idioms are lost on her, though.
- Down the Rabbit Hole IV: After spending years online and developing a severe paranoia, Purkinje is prone to see connections where they do not exist, and she will sometimes come out of a matrix search having gone too far into a secure area or on a tangent.
- On the Wagon: Purkinje loathes performance-enhancing drug use and cannot concentrate in the matrix when she is under the influence. She won't tell other people their business, and she doesn't mind recreational drug use, but you won't see her popping psyche to get a boost.
Runs That Need AARs
- A Shadowrun Based on Our Will Be Done by Larry and His Flask - 23 Nov. 2080
- Moshi Moshi - 26 Nov. 2080
|Betz||5||2||Legwork||Infobroker||Hacker, Infobroker, Matrix Lorekeeper, Mitsuhama Computer Technologies, Technomancer, Technoshaman||Even|
|Briar||5||2||Fixer||Laesa Fixer||Laesa Syndicate, Smuggling, Vice, Crime Syndicates, Puyallup Native, Sprawl Gangs||Even|
|Peter Solemnus||2||2||Service||Soothsayer||Chaos Mage, Augury and Sortelige, Wanted, Divination Methods, Hard to Reach, Ritual Spellcaster, Divination Interpreter||Even|
|Zoey Zip-Tie||2||2||Custom (G, K, A, N)||Drone Mechanic||Drones, Weapons, Walkers||Even|
|NCL School for the Gifted||Member||1||31||Technomancer School||Maintaining||Redmond Barrens, close to Touristville|
- Derelict Hardware: Lead Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
- Ares Anti-Project Pyro: 1
- Crime Mall: 3
- Crusher 495: 3
- Ex-Firewatch: 10
- Horizon: 1
- Knight-Errant: 1
- Lone Star: 1
- Mitsuhama Computer Technologies: -1
- Night Hunters: -3
- Null Council: -2
- Order of the Delayed Calamity: 5
- OtherCon: 4
- Red Children: 1
- Rusted Stilettos: -1
- Seattle Government: 1
- Mitsuhama Computer Technologies: Formerly owned biometric data on Purkinje before she was deleted from their database.
- Hand of Five: Purkinje was one of the hackers behind the recent Hand of Five leak that doxxed members and hinted at a terror attack on the anniversary of the Night of Rage.
- Project Pyro: Purkinje has run against Project Pyro and its insect spirits multiple times. She is keeping files to remain abreast of their activities and organize resistance against them.
- x_X_Troll_U_4_Days_X_x: A dissonant technomancer from Bellevue. Once dealt snuff BTLs on the public grid, now deceased.
In Character Information
Symbols and Signatures
Purkinje is prone to representing complex forms and matrix icons as arcane symbols. Her personal symbol is what appears to be an oddly-shaped tree with many branches, but someone experienced in anatomy might recognize it as a specific type of neuron. Her marks look like arcane seals.
Matrix Search Table
|1 Hit||Articles on the Purkinje cell, a type of neuron found in the cerebellum that has hundreds of synapses and many axon branches.|
|3 Hits||Posts by a user "purkinje, the many-branching" on a wide variety of awakened community discussion forums. They have been deleted.|
|6 Hits||Cryptic hints left on underground hacker forums by a user named Purkinje. The user appears to possess an inordinate aptitude with technology, occasionally letting slip various abilities not normally possible for mundane users.|
Shadow Community Table
|1 Hit||A hacker who has lived in Seattle for a few months now. Scarily effective.|
|2 Hits||From Tir Tairngire, appears to have connections with the Laesa. In good with the Crusher 495 and elements of the Ork Underground following pro bono work for their communities.|
|3 Hits||This runner has something of a grudge with MCT, Ares, and Horizon and loves to take on jobs against them.|
|4 Hits||A technomancer who is especially adept at threading. Favors social engineering approaches but is not afraid of getting her hands dirty.|
|5 Hits||Maintains a repository of data on Project Pyro, MCT technomancer operations, the Hand of Five, and other ongoing projects. She'll let a runner of good reputation see them for free.|
|6 Hits||The hacker responsible for the Namibian Coast Disaster, an incident wherein an Ares Macrotechnology destroyer fleet fired on itself until almost all ships were sunk. Pursuant to fighting Project Pyro.
Directly involved in the bombing of the Potter Administration's Living Studio for Civic Engagement and Analysis in October 2080.
- Jessica Kowalczyk (UCAS, Matrix Security Contractor)(R4)
Purkinje is a pale-skinned elf with bright red hair and steely blue eyes. She is quite attractive, even by elvish standards. Her form is tall and willowy, not possessed of much muscle. She dresses for the job, either drawing eyes or keeping them off her. She often wears a Berwick suit or dress, but prefers casual synthleather clothing when not on the job.
In the matrix, Purkinje largely appears as she does in meatspace except dressed fancily as a witch with neon magic sigils. Her matrix actions and forms appear as spellcasting of various sorts, and her sprites appear as demons. This is but one of her many forms, however, as she is prone to loading different persona presets to fool people into thinking she's someone else.