|Demolitions Expert, Engineer|
|Wheelman, Drone Rigger|
|D.O.B.||August 19th, 2022|
Metatype - E |
Attributes - B
Magic/Resonance - E
Skills - B
Resources - A
- 1 Character Information
- 2 In Character Information
A 59 year old Aztlaner exile; Nitro is an industrial engineer and demolitions expert with the scars, burns, missing digits, and hearing loss to prove it. After being used as a scapegoat for a secret Aztechnology mission gone bad, Nitro fled to Seattle. SINless and friendless, Nitro turned to shadowrunning to make ends meet, where he applies his skills in demolitions and rigging.
- Get revenge on the Aztechnology manager who framed him.
- Prove his innocence to Aztechnology.
- Reunite with his aging parents.
- Make enough money to pay for Leónization.
Nitro's parents lived in Tenochtitlan where they landed jobs with the ORO Corporation. When ORO rebranded to Aztechnology in 2022, they signed a lifetime contract and settled down to start a corporate family. As a corporate dependent, Nitro benefited from the best education Aztechnology had to offer, where he excelled in math and sciences, eventually earning an industrial engineering degree. After graduation, Nitro had a long career as an Aztechnology engineer, eventually becomming a field engineer adept at maintaining excavation equipment and preparing demolition charges.
But Nitro's good fortunes eventually ran out. During 2072, he served as lead demolitions engineer on a secret excavation at a dig site in [REDACTED - Aztechnology officially denies operating in Amazonian territory prior to the war]. While preparing for the next blast, the explosives stash unexpectedly detonated, killing many Aztechnology personnel and alerting nearby [REDACTED] agents. Aztechnology needed somebody to blame, and Nitro was a convenient scapegoat. He insisted that the explosion was clearly sabotage, but someone in Aztechnology management was determined to pin the blame on him. As a special favor to his parents, Nitro was spared summary execution, instead being immediately banished from Aztechnology. Nitro's corporate SIN was burned and Aztechnology now denies his existence completely.
When Aztlan declared war on Amazonia soon after his banishment, Nitro chose to flee to Seattle. However, he has never given up on making his way back into Aztechnology, proving his innocence, getting revenge on the manager that framed him, and seeing his aging parents again. As a SINless nobody in Seattle, Nitro turned to selling explosives on the black market to make ends meet. He quickly discovered that most neighbors frown on random nightly explosions, so he ended up in the Redmond barrens. His explosives dealer (Richard Charleston) put him in contact with the local gang (The Red Hot Nukes), whom he pays standard protection costs to maintain his lifestyle. Reciently, Richard Charleston has suggested that Nitro should try taking a shadowrun job, with Richard acting as Fixer.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Bilingual - Nitro's Aztechnology education included both Aztlaner Spanish and English
- Grease Monkey - Nitro's favorite part of any engineering is hands-on work in the shop.
- Aged - No way around it (without making millions of nuyen for Leónization, that is).
- Corporate Pariah II - Aztechnology burned Nitro's Corporate SIN and denies his existence, his past life, and his parents. Nitro wants it back.
- Records on File (Aztechnology) - The Aztechnology manager that framed Nitro knows who he his, and he'd rather Nitro stay in exile.
- Reduced Sense (Hearing) - "If you've got these stupid ear plugs all jammed in there how are you supposed to tell if the boom boomed enough?"
|Name||GM||Metaplot||Date of Run|
|Spare Parts||Sarcarian||2 December 2081|
|Does This Look Infected?||Sarcarian||4 November 2081|
|Voyage by Leningrad||Burst||1 October 2081|
|God Help You, You Dumb Boy||DrBurst||17 September 2081|
|Trading Spaces (Drug Den Edition)||Si1as||Building a Better You||29 August 2081|
|Richard Charleston||6||1||Fixer||Fixer||Gang Member, Weapons Dealer, Firearms Dealer, Explosives Dealer, Redmond Barrens, Demolition Expert||-1|
- The Red Hot Nukes - Nitro used to pay them protection money each month for his lifestyle in the Redmond Barrens (until he moved to a Tacoma apartment provided as payment for a run.)
|Red Dragon Triad||+1|
In Character Information
Symbols and Signatures
Matrix Search Table
Shadow Community Table
- Luis Elvira (UCAS)
Old man of Central American descent, 5'10", 150 lbs. Nitro normally doesn't much care about his appearance. His hair is greying, with a patchy beard, mustaches, and random tufts of hair on top. His skin is a dark tan with several prominent scars on his upper body (with the notable exception of his right arm, which is synthetic). The patchy hair and scars are accumulated from a lifetime of myriad workshop injuries and accidental explosions.
He wears oil-stained, tattered overalls covered in pockets that always carry numerous tools.