Hot Mess creates mechanics issues just by existing. This was never my intent behind the character but after it started, he got his name. Below is a list of all the mechanical questions that came up because of this nightmare.
B&E capable Flamethrower muscle. Elf poser. Mechanics team's worst nightmare.
Hot Mess is just trying to get by. Keep his sick mom well taken care of, tinker with his "toys", and play the occasional matrix game. He has a level 47 Marksman class character in Miracle Shooter.
Born and raised in the Puyallup barrens, Nate learned to fend for himself. From a young age, he had learned the fine art of taking what he wanted from other people, ideally without direct confrontation. As he got older, he began to see the need to avoid confrontation a little more forcefully. He figured all he had to do was show up with a bigger and more terrifying looking gun and people would back down. A flamethrower seemed like a reasonable choice at the time, right up until he accidentally set his apartment on fire while tinkering with it.
Not one to give up, Nate focused more on his tinkering, and eventually modified one into a high pressure water jet, just in case there were any other accidents. He got pretty good at tinkering with stuff, and was generally pretty pleased with his results.
Shadow work came natural to him, and these days he hopes that a jet of fire from his weapon is enough to cause most security to back off and give him time to escape while they wait for backup.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Barrens Rat
- Common Sense
- Special Modifications
- Shiawase Arms Incinerator > Elemental damage Water
- Tough as nails (Stun)
- Dependant (Nuisance)
- "Mom always took good care of me. Now that she's sick, it's my turn to return the favor."
- Note: Said sick mother is an actual Elf. The elf poser is an effort to "fit in" with the family he knows.
- Elf Poser
- "Short for an elf? I guess so, I was just born that way."
- Favored (Outspoken, Elves)
- Force of Chaos
- "Why are we standing around here talking about doing something when we could be doing it already?"
- Reduced Sense (Hearing)
- "Big pointy ears don't automatically mean i can hear you mumble and whisper."