|Titles and Awards||0|
|D.O.B.||14 Jun 2055|
Metatype - E
Attributes - C
Magic/Resonance - A
Skills - A
Resources - E
- 1 Character Information
- 2 In Character Information
Doctor Marvel is a doctor of thaumaturgy with degrees from MIT&T and Wisconsin-Madison. She is a Hermetic scholar who wants to understand as much as she possibly can about magic.
Motives & Compatibility
- Wants to gather and preserve magical knowledge, but not necessarily share it.
- Wants to destroy magical threats.
- Will be nervous around Mitsuhama, but not exceedingly so.
- No problems working with anyone because of metatype, genetic mutation, or thaumaturgical status.
- Uncover magical mysteries.
- Gather/create objects of magical power.
- Afford a better home.
Danica Nielsen is a doctor of thaumaturgy who specializes in arcano-archaeology, enchanting, and ritual sorcery. She is a walking encyclopedia of magical knowledge. Originally from the Seattle metroplex, Dr. Nielsen attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison for her B.S. in Artificing, after which she went on to attain her M.M. (Master of Magic) in Arcanoarchaeology and her Th.D. (Doctor of Thaumaturgy) in Theoretical Magic. Her early career saw her doing field research for Mitsuhama Computer Technologies San Francisco, though she did not take to the rough environment of the wilderness, and she was mauled by a barghest when looking into an area with an unusual background count. She recovered, but when Mitsuhama wanted to send her back into the field, she couldn't stand the thought. This combined with rumors of shadowy metaplanar research programs and her knowledge of magical threats ultimately convinced her she needed to extract herself from that situation. She now makes a living as a shadowrunner, and Raven pushes her to uncover as many magical secrets as she can working outside the law.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Creature of Comfort (Middle): Spending time roughing it in the wilds of the Pacific Northwest did not agree with Doctor Marvel, and she hates living below her means.
- Favored (Specific, Biased (Academics)): Doctor Marvel is an academic herself and is often willing to give other scholars the benefit of the doubt.
- Mentor Spirit (Raven, Alt): Doctor Marvel is guided by Raven in her endless pursuit of knowledge.
- One Born Every Minute: Grown up studying magic in academia, Doctor Marvel has led a sheltered life and doesn't often realize when she's being played.
- Phobia (Uncommon, Moderate (Barghests)): After she was attacked by a barghest while looking into an odd background count in a research area, Doctor Marvel developed a phobia of them.
|Name||GM||Metaplot||Date of Run|
|I Want A Pony||Aurora||12 June 2081|
|Drums in the Deep||Tekomandor||24 March 2081|
|Deimos' Initiation||DrBurst||19 March 2081|
|Fantastic Space Marines and Where to Find Them||Teksura||19 March 2081|
|Rick Rampant||4||2||Fixer||Talent Scout||Club Regular, Corporate Connections, Criminal Contacts, ID Forger, Seattle Native||Even|
- Mitsuhama Computer Technologies: Former employer. Likely not on good terms with them, though was successfully extracted by Rick Rampant along with the destruction of her data and SIN.
In Character Information
Symbols and Signatures
Matrix Search Table
Ask Purkinje if you wish to search for information about this character.
Shadow Community Table
|1 Hit||A magician who dabbles in a bit of everything.|
|2 Hits||A walking encyclopedia of magical knowledge. Her Th.D. is probably real.|
|3 Hits||Has spent time researching across the Pacific Northwest until recently. Went to college in the Midwest and East Coast.|
|6+ Hits||The truth behind her research coming to an end has to do with Mitsuhama wanting to send her into the field after an unfortunate accident with a barghest.
She also knows the basics of their metaplanar research programs and found them unsettling.
- Shandra Blue, UCAS 4 (Mage License)
A human woman of 180 cm, 20 kg. Long, red-brown hair and brown eyes. Pale skin. Often wears academic wizardly regalia or a coat suggesting she is a doctor.
Doctor Marvel's matrix persona looks like a fanciful wizard, real Merlin drek with a pointy hat.
- Architectural Survey of a Mycenaean Metaplane (March 2081)
- Stone and Fire: Insights into a Late Fourth-World Dwarven Stronghold (March 2081)