|Drug-Addled Occult Detective|
|"Flattery will get you nowhere - but don't stop trying."|
|"You dress, you walk, you talk; you're who you think you are."|
|D.O.B.||February 22, 2058|
Metatype - C |
Attributes - B
Magic/Resonance - D
Skills - B
Resources - D
- 1 Character Information
- 2 In Character Information
Druggie detective and amateur ghost-puncher just trying to make it in life. Is she paranoid, or is she just stoned? Probably both.
- Stay off the Laesa's radar.
- Figure out what this whole magic thing is all about.
Punch a ghost.Punch more ghosts.
Born in Tarislar to SINless parents, the youngest of three children. Her parents both died in the chaos of Crash 2.0, and her older brother ran off to join the Ancients soon after, leaving her to be raised by her older sister until she died of a Tempo overdose in 2072; she awakened soon after and started "seeing ghosts". Survived on the streets for nearly a year before being taken in by the Laesa, and almost ended up as a razorgirl before her talent was noticed and put to use. Worked for the syndicate for years after this as an astral bodyguard and psychometrist, never really receiving much in the way of magical mentor-ship or developing fine control over her abilities - she started using deepweed and loco speedballs to help herself focus, and even got an illegal genemod to enhance their effects.
In 2078 she left the Laesa, cutting all ties with her former employers and moving out of Tarislar after one too many traumatic experiences. Struggling to make it on her own, she took to running small-time cons on wealthy individuals and eventually met a mark who she impressed enough that they became a sort of patron, advertising her as an "artist" and enjoying having her at social events as arm candy and a party trick. After spending several years in a drug-induced haze at high society functions, her employer was suddenly assassinated by a runner team in front of her; evidently they felt a bit bad about it, because a few of them took her on as a dependent after. One day they didn't come back from a job, and she managed to put two and two together - and to find the emergency credstick with their fixer's contact info on it.
Entering the shadows, she returned to the mean streets of Tarislar and started putting her skills to work as an independent contractor.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Aware (Seer) + Astral Bouncer
- An accomplished aura reader, but a rather middling psychometrist and diviner - don't expect any clairvoyant revelations about the future. Now if only she had some oneiro...
- Mentor Spirit: Oracle + Chosen Follower
- Luckily she has an imaginary friend to help her solve mysteries.
- Oracle appears to her as a classic hard-boiled noir detective, complete with trenchcoat, hat and ever-present cigarette and 5-o'clock-shadow, who helps points out clues that she might have missed and provides an ongoing inner monologue to her investigations.
- Luckily she has an imaginary friend to help her solve mysteries.
- Analytical Mind + Photographic Memory + Speed Reading
- A keen eye and an inquisitive mind can be an asset, but perfect recall isn't always a good thing in the shadows.
- This girl really needs to find herself a decent stylist.
- Impassive + Insomnia
- Years of drug abuse and traumatic memories tend to leave a lasting impression.
- Down the Rabbit Hole + Lack of Focus + One Born Every Minute
- She might be smart, but as it turns out pattern recognition skills have their downsides sometimes.
|Argent||1||6||Fixer||Street-level Fixer||Silver Tongue, Elven Blood||+1|
|Alias||5||2||Gear||SIN Forger||SIN Forger, Police Contacts, Disguise Enthusiast, Hacker, Infiltrator, College Educated||Even|
|Dr. Isabel Wirth||4||2||Service||ER Doctor||Trauma Surgeon, Free Samples, Community Clinic Hours, Performs House Calls, I know a sales rep||Even|
|Clyde||2||2||Service||Taxi Driver||Sports Fan, Druggie, Taxi Driver||Even|
|Sarah Snow||3||3||Fixer||Fundraiser and Housewife||Novacoke?, Novacoke!, Dinner Parties of Metahumans, Flawless Skin, On Retainer, Fundraiser||Even|
|Informer||2||4||Legwork||Private Investigator||Truthseeker, Magical Expert, Trid Aficionado||Even|
|Queen Elizabeth XXIII||6||2||Legwork||Free Spirit||Alley Cat, Anarkitty, Queen of the Cat's Paws, Tails from the Astral, Gossiping Free Spirit, Purrceptive Prowler, Cat and Mouse, Mew-sic of the Spheres, Hungry Free Spirit||Even|
|Laesa Syndicate||2||A former member of the syndicate in her pre-runner life, and not eager to return to it.|
|Faction||Faction Rep||Significant Runs||Notes|
|Ancients||16||Don of a New Era
The Big Cheese
Might Have A Problem
|Significantly advanced the gang's interests on a number of occasions.|
|Draco Foundation||2||Might Have A Problem||Turned over a juvenile toxic shaman to be rehabilitated.|
|Team Alpha||2||Pulling the Thread||Assisted with the liberation of a pair of blank slates, and the cover-up of a murder.|
|The Black Lodge||2||Dire Intervention
Step Into My Parlor
|Worked for Mr. Hereknight, reveling her knowledge of the Lodge/willingness to act as a pawn.|
In Character Information
Symbols and Signatures
Delphi smokes Red Apple brand cigarettes and is less-than-diligent about properly disposing of her butts; they can sometimes be found at crime scenes in the Tarislar/Loveland area.
Matrix Search Table
|1||A matrix advertisement for the services of a private investigator in Puyallup, along with contact information (a burner commlink number) that changes every month.|
|3||A series of social media pages, dating profiles and rejected applications for citizenship in Tir Tairngire, all of which which appear to belong to a UDub grad student.|
|6||A KE scramsheet from the Tarislar precinct which lists a young elf matching Delphi's description as a possible associate of known members of the Laesa syndicate.|
Shadow Community Table
|1||An aware face who's been active in the shadows for about six months; seems to be a Seattle native operating mainly in the Tarislar/Loveland area.|
|3||An initiated seer and diviner who advertises her services as a freelance "occult detective"; rumored to have some problems with drug and BTL abuse.|
|5||A former member of the Laesa syndicate who cut ties with the organization years ago, only to reemerge in March of 2081 with a Laesa-connected fixer.|
|1||Generally healthy, probably mild-to-moderately drunk and/or high on one or more recreational drugs, Awakened.|
|2||No standard-grade cyberware. Magical Class: Spark (Aware Seer). Has a sort of hazy purple quality to her aura, as if her astral form were hiding behind a diaphanous veil.|
|3||Alphaware: has a full right arm and partial cyberskull on the right side of her head, skilljack behind her right ear, datajack on the back of her neck, LED tattoo on her forehead, visualizer in her cranium.|
|4||No betaware-grade cyberware. Bioware: extra grey matter in her brain (mnemonic enhancer in the hippocampus, sleep regulator in the hypothalamus). Essence 4. Magic 2.|
|5+||No deltaware-grade implants. Has been genetically enhanced for increased tolerance of narcotics. No nano-tech. Not a technomancer (but is Reverberant).|
|Daphne Blake||UCAS||4||Controlled Substances, Driver's, Firearms + Concealed Carry Permit, Pet, Private Investigator, Seer|
Mostly casual styles in dark colours, sometimes with wiccan symbolism and other occult iconography; "dressing up" consists of an off-the-rack suit, along with a trilby and trenchcoat to complete the detective look. Typically wears a pair of black velvet enchanting gloves in order to block out unwanted psychometric impressions.
Has an obvious right cyberarm - a sleek matte black affair, inlaid with silver (the right side of her skull is also chrome, however it is covered in synthskin). Has a datajack on her neck and a skilljack behind her ear. Has a small LED tattoo on her forehead in the shape of a third eye, which she sometimes likes to turn on while assensing for dramatic effect.
A pair of self-made personae that she switches between depending on the situation and the device that she's using:
- An androgynous elven seer, white-haired and blindfolded, clad in a blue-grey hooded robe and boots with a third eye on the forehead and an owl (agent) on the shoulder.
- Used with her Nixdorf Sekretar (form-factored to resemble an analog wristwatch) for casual browsing and legwork.
- An android private eye, half-obscured by ever-present shadows, clad in a brown trenchcoat and hat with a featureless metallic skull and a flickering digital cigarette.
- Used with her EvoTech Himitsu (form-factored to resemble an old metal lunchbox) for reconnaissance and spying.