|(Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.)|
|Titles and Awards||0|
|D.O.B.||August 24th 2037|
|Priority (Prime - Charity)||
Metatype - C
Attributes - D
Magic/Resonance - E
Skills - B
Resources - A
- 1 Character Information
- 1.1 Summary
- 1.2 Goals
- 1.3 Background
- 1.4 Narrative Significant Qualities
- 1.4.1 Positive
- 1.4.2 Negative
- 1.5 Run History
- 1.6 Affiliations
- 2 In Character Information
Crypt3ch (a portmanteau of cryptic and technology with a bit of the ol' l33t speak thrown in for good measure) is a matrix specialist. While they prefer cybercombat above all other solutions they are more than able to go in for the quiet approach.
Crypt3ch has taken a long break from the shadows. Retiring after taking the bad end of a flash-bang to the face this runner is only just shaking off some rust and has quite a bit to re-learn.
Born the son of two S-K wageslaves, Mathias Litau was expected to have an unassuming life. That is, of course, until his parents were told that he was accepted into the Saeder-Krupp Accelerated Matrix Elementary Development Program at the young age of five.
Born out of a need to breed matrix specialists for various sinister reasons, the S.K.A.M.E.D. program was, on paper, a comprehensive K-12 educational initiative based out of the Saeder-Krupp Essen arcology for those young S-K SINNERS with the most natural predisposition for interacting with the Matrix. Off the books, Saeder-Krupp's brightest and vilest designed the cutthroat program to be an experiment on how children in their formative years reacted to intense, long-term exposure to the Matrix. A full matrix education, in theory, could be taught in under ten years. Eager for the raise and promotions involved in transferring to the new arcology, Mathias' parents were happy to sign him up.
Long story short the S.K.A.M.E.D. program had "timing delays", corpo speak for children dying. In 2048, the program was shut down.
Soon enough Mathias found himself adopted by a small association (read, anti-corporate terrorist network) of deckers known as The Devil's Dancers and, at the age of eleven, his career as a Shadowrunner began.
Narrative Significant Qualities
Codeslinger: Data Spike
- Crypt3ch has learned a thing or two about bringing down the pain in the matrix. His favorite bit of script, the Data Spike, is constantly being re-written and improved upon to achieve maximum effectiveness.
- All that time spent in the Matrix as a kid wasn't for nothing! Crypt3ch has always shown an aptitude for matrix combat.
- You should always learn from the best. Becoming the novahottest data spiker in the world doesn't happen overnight, and with the help of an old AI named H4ck3rm4n, Crypt3ch's determined to become nothing short of that.
- You don't survive thirty-plus years as a Shadowrunner without learning to use your noggin'.
- You especially don't survive long as a decker if you let others get marks on you. With a bit of slippery code - And some luck - Crypt3ch knows how to get out of any situation.
- Years of working on cyberdecks has taught Crypt3ch how to get the most out of them, enhancing their abilities and breaking their warranty at the same time.
- When everyone's working in the same time frame, knowing how to make the most of what little time you have can separate the good matrix specialist from the dead one.
- Crypt3ch believes that everything has a place and that is no exception for his cyberdeck. With his meticulously well-organized programs and settings, Crypt3ch knows just how to make a change in half the time.
- Crypt3ch is a trained matrix specialist, a fact he is not very proud of.
- You don't spend as much time in the Matrix as Crypt3ch has without a little bit of its essence rubbing off on you.
One Born Every Minute
- Crypt3ch has grown a bit too trusting of others in his short retirement. Hopefully he learns to not take people at their word before it's too late.
- As a child, Crypt3ch's eyes never had it easy. Exposure to bright lights and little rest have plagued him for a lifetime.
Down the Rabbit Hole
- Look, I get it. Your Matrix search is important, but not nearly as important as that cat trideo he found!
|Name||GM||Metaplot||Date of Run|
|Big Time in the Jungle||SedatedAlice||12 July 2081|
|A Six Hour Tour||Ghostlin||Adversaries||28 June 2081|
|Real Men Use Coupons||SedatedAlice||5 June 2081|
|Sabotage on the Rainbow Seas||SedatedAlice||The Toys that Made Us||28 May 2081|
|Fractal Punch||Aurora||14 May 2081|
|Charlottes Web||Aurora||11 May 2081|
|A Shadowrun Based on The Hustle by A Night in the Box||DrBurst||18 April 2081|
|Alessa P||4||4||Fixer||Owner of The Daze||The Daze, Shadow Connections, Ear to the Ground, Punk Rocker, Bootleggers||Even|
|Carly Reeves||4||4||Legwork||News Reporter||Reporter, Current Events, Sly Investigator, Never Reveal My Sources, Get in. Get the Scoop. Get out.||Even|
|Perfect_Authentic_Cadence||5||4||Custom(G,A,K,N)||Cybersurgeon||Monad, Cyberlimbs, Cyberware, Geneware, Medical Gear, Nanotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Street Doc||Even|
|The Finnigan Family||+1|
In Character Information
Symbols and Signatures
Crypt3ch is known for his flashy attacks in the matrix. The many hours and days he spends writing his custom programs pays off in the dump-shocked corpses he often leaves behind on runs.
Matrix Search Table
|1 Hit||Did you mean "Cryptic"? Cryp·tic (/ˈkriptik/) adjective: Having a meaning that is mysterious or obscure.|
|3 Hits||You find hushed-up stories from current and former security spiders of a decker bogeyman who crashes into hosts and leaves a trail of any who were running in hotsim.|
|6+ Hits||Deleted forum posts regarding a persona, thought by some to be anything from an AI to a technomancer, that has a tendency to exploit biofeedback programs far beyond their normal parameters. This Crypt3ch shows an insane aptitude for cybercombat and has a body count to show for it.|
Shadow Community Table
|1 Hit||A hacker based out of Seattle.|
|2 Hits||Coming Soon!|
|3 Hits||Coming Soon!|
|4 Hits||Coming Soon!|
|5 Hits||Coming Soon!|
|6 Hits||Coming Soon!|
Fake SIN (Rating 5): Charles Finley (UCAS, Matrix Developement Specialist)
Crypt3ch appears to be a man in his mid-30s who has not kept up with his daily physical regiment. Sporting a "dad bod" this decker often relies on his two cyberarms to do the heavy lifting.
He prefers to dress comfortably, often shopping for bargains despite being able to afford nicer clothes. The man's signature look is a bright Hawaiian t-shirt with khaki pants and comfortable loafers or crocs.
Crypt3ch's persona is your typical tourist in a tropical location; Hawaiian shirt, khakis, and flip flops.