Chummer is a useful tool that comes with a bit of a learning curve. Because the Chummer developers cater to such a wide audience, the software itself is capable of handling a variety of different play styles, house rules, and options.
This page will help you set up Chummer to play nicely with ShadowHaven's rules.
The current amends file can be found here
It is recommended to select the box for 'Create backup characters when moving to career mode'.
Enable the following books only:
- Assassin's Primer
- Better Than Bad
- Bloody Business
- Book Of The Lost
- Bullets And Bandages
- Chrome Flesh
- Cutting Aces
- Dark Terrors
- Data Trails
- Forbidden Arcana
- Gun Heaven 3
- Hard Targets
- Howling Shadows
- Kill Code
- Krime Kataloge
- No Future
- Rigger 5.0
- Run and Gun
- Run Faster
- Sail Away, Sweet Sister
- Shadow Spells
- Shadowrun 5th edition
- Shadows in Focus: Butte
- Shadows in Focus: Metrópole
- Shadows in Focus: San Francisco
- Shadows In Focus: Sioux Nation: Counting Coup
- Splintered State
- Stolen Souls
- Street Grimoire
- Street Lethal
- The Complete Trog
- The Seattle Gambit
- The Vladivostok Gauntlet
In addition, select the following options:
- Limb Count for Cyberlimbs: 5 (2 arms, 2 legs, torso)
- Check the box labeled "Use Drone Modification rules (R5 122)"
- Check the box labeled "Print Notes"
This one's easy: you don't need to change anything.
Under Tools -> Options -> Optional Rules, do the following:
- Check the box labelled "Adapsin Applied As Multiplier, Not Grade"
- Check the box labelled "Rainforest Carbine Missions Errata"
- Check the box labelled "SR Missions Animal Prices"
- Download the ShadowHaven Rules and unzip the folder into the 'customdata' folder in your Chummer folder.
- Select 'Add Directory' under optional rules and select the ShadowHaven Rules.
Note: ShadowHaven Rules are in beta and are being actively updated.
Under Tools -> Options -> House Rules, ensure the following are checked:
- Use Cyberleg Stats for Movement
- Allow spending of free spells from Magic Priority as power points
- Allow skill points to be used to buy specializations for karma-bought skills
- Free Knowledge Skill Points are calculated with augmented LOG+INT
- Allow characters to exceed their Negative Quality limit
- Characters do not gain Karma from taking Negative Qualities in excess
- Allow Skills to be re-Grouped if all Ratings are the same
- Ignore 2*RES Complex Form limit in Career Mode