This Category contains a list of useful Templates on the wiki. Please see the individual Template page for documentation on their individual usage.
Page Formatting Templates
These should be some of the most commonly used templates, they are not designed to be transcluded in pages. These templates are intended for users to copy and paste the source code when creating a new page. Their purpose is to establish and demonstrate the format for a page.
- This is the basic template to be used when creating new run contacts. It is specially designed for ease of use.
- An older version of the above. This version makes use of Template:Infobox directly, allowing more flexibility. For advanced users who wish to change something up from the default.
- This page is the template to be used when creating new Faction pages.
- This page is a suggested template for the creation of new metaplot pages. Due to the nature of metaplots being so vastly different, this template may not necessarily work perfectly with every metaplot. As such, it should be altered as necessary when creating the page and explaining the metaplot.
- This page is a suggested starting point for news articles; however, due to the freeform style of creating news articles, it is mostly just pointing to Template:NewsHeader.
These are templates intended to be used on some of the pages created above.
Character Page Templates
- This template does several things when placed on a character page.
- Generates a list of runs.
- Checks to see if the character has had a run in the past 6 months, and if so, adds them to Category:Active Runners. This becomes important with another template below.
- This template will nest inside the table generated above, and will tag the contact using SemanticWiki markup so Template:ContactPlayerConnections will know to populate its table with the character's name, loyalty, and chips.
- This template will also pull information from the contact page to populate the table.
- This template will count the number of times your runner has been tagged in an AAR since CDP was introduced into the Haven on December 11, 2019. It will multiply that number by 2 and allow you to add or subtract additional points from that number in order to keep track of your CDP on your character page.
- This template takes the character's date of birth and compares it to today's date, outputting their current age. Also useful for Contact pages.
- This template creates a pre-generated table for both matrix searches, and knowledge skills.
- Template:Guanyin Caution
- This template generates a small warning on the top of a page informing GMs that the character has the Guanyin Mentor Spirit.
- Template:Infobox Portal
- A variant of the standard Template:Infobox which adds a character portal at the top of the page. Requires some special setting up and it is suggested that anyone intending to use this have some knowledge of mediawiki formatting. Otherwise, seek help from the wiki department.
Contact Page Templates
- This template takes the character's date of birth and compares it to today's date, outputting their current age. Also useful for Player Character pages.
- This template nests inside of the table generated above, and tags aspects for the contact using SemanticWiki markup.
- Checks Category:Runs for AARs where the contact or organization has been tagged using the SemanticWiki markup
SignificantNPC::, and generates a table showing all the major runs that help shape their story.
AAR Page Templates
- This just makes a really pretty box you can write game quotes in. That's it. That's all it does. Exciting.
- Template intended to simplify the process of setting up a faction infobox with appropriate SemanticWiki properties tagged.
- This functions almost identical to Template:Gamequote, with a few key differences. Text is no longer forced to be centered, and the shading is slightly different. It is primarily used to add a customized notice at the top of a page, such as when multiple characters share the same name.
- This functions almost identical to Template:Roundbox, with the only difference being now it has a red border, red text, and a dark black background. It is primarily used for big obvious "hey make sure you read this" notices and warnings on pages.
- Checks Category:Runs for AARs where the location has been tagged using the SemanticWiki markup
FeaturedLocation::, and generates a table showing all the major runs that feature the location.
- Just adds a wiki-signature to runner comments that links back to the runners page.
- Just flags a page as being a part of Category:Templates, but only if it is actually in the Template namespace of the wiki. Useful for the page format templates, so people can copy the whole page without anything breaking if they neglect to remove the thing that flags the page as being a part of Category:Templates