Jump to navigation Jump to search
|"Sometimes the simplest solution is the best one, and sometimes that's to just smash through the problem."|
Metatype - E |
Attributes - C
Magic/Resonance - E
Skills - A
Resources - A
- 1 Character Information
- 2 In Character Information
Hot-headed and outgoing decker with an interest in vehicles. While a very skilled individual capable of doing things quietly when needed, his motto is to smash through problems when applicable, and thus is a specialist in attack-style decking, quickly taking over (or more often, bricking) enemy gear for his own uses. This head-space might also be the source of his interest in vehicles that resulted in him taking shop classes as electives during his time at Seattle Tech. Despite this recklessness, he never enjoyed the feeling of VR, tricking out his deck to get the most performance in AR; being turned into a vampire coincidentally improved both of these skills as he found himself with a better gut instinct and faster reaction times, or maybe the virus somehow 'knew' this was the best option?
- Prevent the world from taking more away from Bit, Camarilla, and himself
- Enjoy life to the fullest
- Break every barrier that stands between him and a better life for his entire household
Byte was a student at Seattle Tech living a pretty normal life, attending a similar program as his childhood friend Bit so they lived there together as dorm-mates. Well, apparently fate had different plans for these two. During a late night coding session for their shared class, Byte decided to go get the two of them some snacks from a local corner store. On the way back he got jumped by a vampire, and by some miracle lived to tell the tale, sort of. He was missing for about 28 hours, his unconscious body never found after his attack, awakening as a vampire late the next night. As a starving predator, unable to form coherent thoughts and disoriented from the sensations of insane thirst, a gnawing feeling, and new astral sight, Byte's body was on autopilot, and the beast inside decided to go back to its 'lair' while keeping an eye our for prey. Due to the proximity and the insane hours, nobody out that night was unfortunate to run across Byte. This is where disaster strikes, as his 'lair' was his dorm, where his worried roommate is waiting for him, or an indistinguishable blob of colors that drew him in, as Byte would recall. The next day would be the worst day of Byte's life, as he woke up to Bit in a pool of blood, and noticing himself covered in blood from the previous night as memories started to flood back in, preventing him from calling for police and leaving him in a state of horror as he tries to comprehend what happened to him, he quickly learns that the sun beaming in through the window is burning him, and draws the drapes over it. In order to try and stop thinking about what he'd done, he would research what happened to him. Luckily for his sanity, Bit did wake up, but not while he was home. After a while, Byte had to come to terms with his situation, as night fell he cleaned himself up and took a somber stroll to meditate over his life and where to go from here. Eventually coming back to the dorm, he found movement on the sofa, realizing Bit is alive, but also feeding on someone! After realizing the situation, he grabbed a nearby book and smacked Bit on the head with it to interrupt the feeding, shoving a pillow for the vampire to grasp onto. Now he's prevented another tragedy, but now he's now got a third party victim, now the situation has gone from bad to worse! Checking for the coast to be clear, Byte got a medkit he kept in the dorm to patch up the Elf girl who he pried from the maws of death, after getting her patched up, and Bit back to a stable mindset, he had to think of something and fast. Organizing a false crime scene, having the pair grab only the most valuable items they had, he managed to coerce the elf to cooperate, sneaking the trio out to his van that was parked outside a stairwell out back, managing to slip off into the night and using some of the more unscrupulous upgrades him and some trouble makers in the vehicle shop classes setup to get around KE checkpoints, making their way to the Barrens where he'd organized a meeting with the only person he knew that could potentially get them off grid. The duo was set to meet Jesse Pop a trid pirate Bit and Byte had been interacting with for years to get a collection of trids to watch on the cheap. However, Jesse was running late. Far enough from any security presence, the duo took the girl to a nearby church in the barrens for refuge, knowing that they'd be able to disappear with Jesse's help soon enough for her to no longer be a concern. The pair soon enough meet Jesse, who sets them up with the accommodations and fake SINs they need, instructing them on the ways of the shadows and anonymity. This of course is not free, and they'll have to work off this debt as his new deckers. Now that Bit and Byte has secured a life in the refuge of Seattle's shadows, safe from Knight's Errant who they're sure would hunt them down for the crimes their condition has caused them to commit. Their career as criminal deckers starts off with hunting down trids from old libraries and events, cracking DRM and other digital protections on the content for Jesse's library. Eventually this work scales up to providing matrix overwatch for some other runners, and Byte eventually will also end up being the on-site support and transportation, providing all sorts of services from the workshop and gear he's collected that makes use of his knowledge of all sorts of gadgets and integration. Teams with Byte can rest assure that they'll have tools to help them out with whatever plan they concoct. This versatility is what really sets him apart, aside from his unorthodox style of bricking gear and taking people out if he catches people in VR due to his specialty as an Attack-Style decker, don't get him wrong though, he knows how to be quiet if he needs to be.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Infected: Vampire (Human)
- "Yeah, I'm a fragging vampire, so what? I don't go flaunting it, but I won't apologize for it either, you're not gonna go running your mouth are you?"
- Deck Builder
- "Every professional likes to make their own tweaks, and for me I like a responsive UI."
- Go Big Or Go Home
- "HAHAHA! RECORD TIME BABY! ALL. YOUR. GEAR. BELONG. TO. ME. NOW."
- "If you knew half the drek I know about how things could go, you wouldn't want to touch VR with a ten-foot pole."
- Big Regret (Ruining Bit's life)
- "I couldn't help it! It wasn't me! ... But if it wasn't for me she'd be living a normal and happy life in her dream career. I'll probably always be making that one up to her."
- Driven (What happened to Bit?)
- "Something happened, she's always been a recluse, but this is different, and she won't talk about it. I have to watch every day, as she seems so broken. I can only be there for her, I wish I could do more to help."
- Superhuman Psychosis
- Being told he's a demon, seeing how the world sees his kind in media, and his daily experiences being outside the norm, Byte's mind embraced the dark aspects instead of letting the stress of his situation get him down. Now he finds comfort in the macabre aspects of his condition, and thus feels distant from non-infected humanity. A skilled decker could pique his interest due to profession, but meeting them in meatspace would shatter that instantly.
- Poor Self Control (Thrill Seeker)
- "This baby sounds like a dream, we have to take her for a spin!" -Byte after his shop class finished a racing build for a car
- "Why poke around hoping not to disturb anything, when we can smash the encryption and reboot and getaway? A lot faster, and a lot more fun." -Byte with Bit during a teamwork dataheist
- Down The Rabbit Hole
- "What the frag did you expect? I'm a decker, we're the kind who are interested in new stuff all the time, its how we got into the profession!"
No runs yet. This list will auto-populate when this character is tagged in a run AAR.
|Jesse Pop||6||1||Fixer||Trid Pirate||Trid Pirate, Hacktivist, Fence, Networker, NEEEEEEERRRRRRRD, Electronics, Enormous Trove of Pirated Trideo||Even|
In Character Information
Symbols and Signatures
- Pallet for matrix marks, patterns of scorch marks on icon is chosen at random
Matrix Search Table
|1||A unit of data in encoding, defined as a set of 8 bits that together encode data.|
Shadow Community Table
|1||Sounds like some matrix person, maybe a decker or a fixer?|
|3||Some up and coming decker with a very forward personality and is good with vehicles as well as electronics.|
- Fake SIN (R4 Brock Vandoorvelt-Ares)
- Fake License (R4 Cyberdeck License)
- Fake License (R4 Driver's License)
- Fake License (R4 Firearms License)
- Fake License (R4 Weapon License)
- Fake SIN (R4 Jerry Cannwell-UCAS)
- Fake License (R4 Driver's License)
- Fake License (R4 Cyberdeck License)
- Normal Matrix Persona
- Aggressive Decking Persona