|Date of Birth||March 22, 2060|
Metatype - E |
Attributes - B
Magic/Resonance - D
Skills - C
Resources - A
- 1 Character Information
- 1.1 Summary
- 1.2 Goals
- 1.3 Background
- 1.4 Narrative Significant Qualities
- 1.5 Initiations
- 1.6 Run History
- 1.7 Affiliations
- 1.8 Organizations
- 1.9 Renraku
- 2 In Character Information
Akira's uncle was defeated and embarrassed by runners (see A Blast from the Past) and--as a result--was forced to take his own life to spare his family such embarrassment. Renraku pulled their SINs and left the family stranded in Seattle. His uncle's first blade in hand, Akira Mori sets out to destroy the middle management corpo scum who pushed their failures upon his family and recover his uncle's lost blade in the process.
- Destroy the middle-management at Renraku who ordered his uncle to take his own life.
- Find a new path or mentor to guard.
Born to a father from Japan and a mother from Ireland, Akira Mori grew up in Seattle. His uncle, only twelve years older, was a Red Swordsman in Training with Renraku and a point of pride for the family. That is--until he lost control of a black site. With only one way to restore his family's honor, his uncle's remains were buried in a Renraku-branded urn, a testament to both his failure and the corporation's draconic culture.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Bilingual | The Black Samurai was born to a father from Japan and a mother from Ireland. He grew up learning and speaking both English and Japanese.
- Mentor Spirit (Stag) | The Black Samurai mixes his father's Shintoism with his mother's Irish customs. Both draw from a knowledge that the land is where all people draw their power. All will return to the earth in time.
- Perfect Time / Shoot First | When a blade is in its scabbard, the enemy cannot judge your striking distance to recognize the danger. Use that to your advantage.
- Corporate Pariah II / RoF (Renraku) / Prejudiced vs Renraku | His uncle, disgraced in battle, took his own life at the direction of his superior at Renraku. Despite rescinding his family's SINs, Renraku still has his information on file.
- Designated Omega | Trained to be a bodyguard and soldier by his uncle, Akira feels lost without someone charismatic giving orders.
- Emotional Attachment (Uncle's Katana) | Akira uses his uncle's first katana since the second sword was taken after his disgrace in battle. He hopes to find and carry the second in time, as well.
- Superhuman Psychosis | It doesn't much matter how many bullets fly from the barrels of Renraku guns. Their bodies will drop soon enough.
- Wanted | 50k to Seattle, and 50k to Salish-Sidhe Council on a job we completed successfully. Can you believe that drek?
|1||26 February 2082||Sparring Partner||Masking|
|2||19 March 2082||Family, Duty, Honor||Adept Centering|
|2||16 April 2082||No Rest for the Wicked (Management)||Power Point|
|Name||GM||Metaplot||Date of Run|
|Out of Balance||OrionsRequiem||Two Steps Ahead||11 May 2082|
|Cultivation Crisis||OrionsRequiem||30 April 2082|
|Into the Flytrap||Aurora||A Scattering of Deadly Petals||24 April 2082|
|The Most Urban Brawl 2: The Metagame||OrionsRequiem||Cross Flight Love Fight||21 April 2082|
|Whispers of Oblivion||Asmodeus||18 April 2082|
|No Rest for the Wicked (Management)||OrionsRequiem||16 April 2082|
|The Most Honorable Birthday||OrionsRequiem||8 April 2082|
|My Bag Is Cooler Than Yours||Blood Librarian||7 April 2082|
|Entering The Gates||Aurora||4 April 2082|
|What Lies Beneath||Mursey||2 April 2082|
|Blood Hounds||Mursey||28 March 2082|
|Family, Duty, Honor||Sarcarian||22 March 2082|
|Fortunate History||OrionsRequiem||Dragon of a Problem||14 March 2082|
|I've Been Followed||Aurora||3 March 2082|
|Black Samurai's Initiation 1||Aurora||26 February 2082|
|The Most Urban Brawl||OrionsRequiem||Cross Flight Love Fight||24 February 2082|
|Dollmaster||6||1||Fixer(G, N, K, A)||Shadowy Manipulator||Upgrades, Subtle Touches, Cut and Paste, Arm and a Leg, Leveraging, Long Game, Overwhelming Force||Even|
|Alias||5||3||Gear||SIN Forger||SIN Forger, Police Contacts, Disguise Enthusiast, Hacker, Infiltrator, College Educated||Even|
|Masuyama Kijuro||2||3||Service||Renraku Aware||Doesn't Speak The Language, Aware, Renraku Security Guard, Blending In, Astral Combat: Katana, Renraku Loyalty/Fear, Expert Swordsman||Even|
|The Dukes||3||1||Service||Drug/Moonshine Runners||Package Deal, Speedy Delivery, Has Motor Will Drive, The Commander Dunklezhan, Vehicle Familiarity, Scrappy situations||Even|
|Informer||2||3||Legwork||Private Investigator||Truthseeker, Magical Expert, Trid Aficionado||Even|
|Sword||3||3||Custom(A,G,K,N)||Sensei||Magician, Free Spirit, Sword Sensei, Living Weapon||Even|
|Warboss||6||1||Fixer||Fixer||WAAAGH!, Moar Dakka!, Half Machine, All Trog, Gang Boss, Lok'tar Ogar, Crime Lord, Smuggler||Even|
|School of Clashing Blades Smashing Fist||Member||1||13||Martial Arts School||Maintaining||Redmond Barrens, Seattle|
88s | 5
After putting down an enemy hit squad in San Fran, David Yang owes me.
Ancients | -7
Turns out they're super racist and I'm antagonistic...so this is pretty self-explanatory. The second time it was because their entire urban brawl team got sliced and diced. In my defense, I had two of their members on my team and I kept 'em both alive, so seems like a mix up.
Black Chrysanthemum | -50
Shocking how people who assassinate entire rival gangs feel like you should show mercy...the irony is palpable.
Federated-Boeing | 5
Bullet Train Hype.
Shotozumi-gumi | 3
Facilitate a deal instead of stealing from them, even if it's just because your dumb ass walked into an office while he's sitting there, and yeah. Here we are.
Skraacha | 1
You may first arrive in the Ork underground by running from KE, but if you manage to do their dirty work in Yakuza territory AND bring them back 20% of their drugs, they appreciate it. A little bit. You still owe 'em, kid.
Renraku employees of note erased:
- Yamada Shinji
- Noriko Ito - Hayato's former boss.
In Character Information
Matrix Search Table
|1||Did you mean Red Samurai?|
|3||Information on feudal Japan and samurai.|
|6||Information on runners who call themselves samurai.|
Shadow Community Table
|1||Went way too loud downtown, and is now in Warboss's pocket.|
|3||A talented swordsman who takes orders well, but rarely leads.|
|5||Knocked out a Renraku businessman at his uncle's funeral. He and Renraku are not on great terms.|
Levi West (R4 / UCAS)
Akira's head is shaved on the sides with black hair pulled into a short ponytail on top. His long face is clean shaven. When wearing his Black Samurai garb, he changes his cybereyes to be fully black with no white; when out of costume, his eyes are grey and mimic normal eye structures. Akira is skinny, but sinewy. He weighs an extraordinary amount because of his metal limbs.
A small scar protrudes out the neckline of his shirt. When shirtless, the thin, deep scar extends from the side of his neck, across his chest, and down underneath his right armpit, thanks to the sharp blade of a Yakuza bodyguard (see Family, Duty, Honor.)
As the Black Samurai, he wears a black armored jacket and ballistic mask with matching helmet. Arm and leg guards cover obvious cybernetic limbs. Outside of running, Akira wears hoodies or--when needed--a cheap black suit and black tie.