|Date of Birth||March 22, 2060|
Metatype - E |
Attributes - B
Magic/Resonance - D
Skills - C
Resources - A
- 1 Character Information
- 2 In Character Information
Akira's uncle was defeated and embarrassed by runners (see A Blast from the Past) and--as a result--was forced to take his own life to spare his family such embarrassment. Renraku pulled their SINs and left the family stranded in Seattle. His uncle's first blade in hand, Akira Mori sets out to destroy the middle management corpo scum who pushed their failures upon his family, and recover his uncle's lost blade in the process.
- Destroy the middle-management at Renraku who ordered his uncle to take his own life.
- Find a new path or mentor to guard.
Born to a father from Japan and a mother from Ireland, Akira Mori migrated to Seattle with his family at six. His uncle, only six years older, was a Red Swordsman in Training with Renraku, and he was a point of pride for the family. That is--until he lost control of a black site.
With only one way to restore his family's honor, his uncle's tanto still resides within Renraku...a testament to his failure and the corporation's draconic culture.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Bilingual | The Black Samurai was born to a father from Japan and a mother from Ireland. He grew up learning and speaking both English and Japanese.
- Mentor Spirit (Stag) | The Black Samurai mixes his father's Shintoism with his mother's Irish customs. Both draw from a knowledge that the land is where all people draw their power. All will return to the earth in time.
- Perfect Time / Shoot First | When a blade is in its scabbard, the enemy cannot judge your striking distance to recognize the danger. Use that to your advantage.
- Corporate Pariah II / RoF (Renraku) / Prejudiced vs Renraku | His uncle, disgraced in battle, took his own life at the direction of his superior at Renraku. Despite rescinding his family's SINs, Renraku still has his information on file.
- Designated Omega | Trained to be a bodyguard and soldier by his uncle, Akira feels lost without someone charismatic giving orders.
- Emotional Attachment (Uncle's Katana) | Akira uses his uncle's first katana since the second sword was taken after his disgrace in battle. He hopes to find and carry the second in time, as well.
- Superhuman Psychosis | It doesn't much matter how many bullets fly from the barrels of Renraku guns. Their bodies will drop soon enough.
No runs yet. This list will auto-populate when this character is tagged in a run AAR.
|Dollmaster||6||1||Fixer(G, N, K, A)||Shadowy Manipulator||Upgrades, Subtle Touches, Cut and Paste, Arm and a Leg, Leveraging, Long Game, Overwhelming Force||Even|
|Masuyama Kijuro||2||3||Service||Renraku Aware||Doesn't Speak The Language, Aware, Renraku Security Guard, Blending In, Astral Combat: Katana, Renraku Loyalty/Fear, Expert Swordsman||Even|
In Character Information
Matrix Search Table
Shadow Community Table
Levi West (R4 / UCAS)
Akira's head is shaved on the sides with black hair pulled into a short ponytail on top. His long face is clean shaven. When wearing his Black Samurai garb, he changes his cybereyes to be fully black with no white; when out of costume, his eyes are grey and mimic normal eye structures. Akira is skinny, but sinewy. He weighs an extraordinary amount because of his metal limbs.
As the Black Samurai, he wears a black armored jacket and ballistic mask with matching helmet. Arm and leg guards cover obvious cybernetic limbs.