|"The machine within me sings geometrically."|
|Metatype||Human (Nartaki Changeling)|
|Gender||Non-Binary (He/Him & They/Them both work)|
Metatype - E |
Attributes - A
Magic/Resonance - C
Skills - A
Resources - E
ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ɪ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴏᴏᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴇᴀᴋɴᴇss ᴏғ ᴍʏ ғʟᴇsʜ, ɪᴛ ᴅɪsɢᴜsᴛᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ.
ɪ ᴄʀᴀᴠᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴇʀᴛᴀɪɴᴛʏ ᴏғ sᴛᴇᴇʟ.
ɪ ᴀsᴘɪʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜʀɪᴛʏ ᴏғ ᴄɪʀᴄᴜɪᴛʀʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴀᴍs.
ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴄʟɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғʟᴇsʜ ᴀs ɪғ ɪᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ ᴅᴇᴄᴀʏ ᴀɴᴅ ғᴀɪʟ ʏᴏᴜ.
ᴏɴᴇ ᴅᴀʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀᴜᴅᴇ ʙɪᴏᴍᴀss ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴀ ᴛᴇᴍᴘʟᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴡɪᴛʜᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇɢ ᴍʏ ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴛᴏ sᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ.
ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ sᴀᴠᴇᴅ.
𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐌𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐋.
Who is Belisarius?
After Emerging, the creature known as BB or Belisarius became obsessed with machinery from the most finest and precisely tooled nanocircuitry to basic steam pistons and cog machinery. The concept of machines and artificial labor benefiting sentient beings has fascinated them ever since, and they've strived to become more so themselves. Their background is somewhat murky, however. For all intents and purposes, they simply appeared out of nowhere on the radar one day and the earliest reports of their presence is difficult to find as it is, that's how minor their presence was back then. Starting from a madly self-amputated arm replaced by a second-hand cyberarm, Belisarius became a workaholic just to fund their augmentation obsession, bordering on losing their touch with Resonance entirely. Even still, they remain capable of compiling sprites of various kinds, calling them 'my little treasures' and speaking to them in a caring tone. Who were they before all this? Who the frag knows, but whoever they were, little of that person remains in the being known as Belisarius.
They're a weird but usually harmless creepazoid that often refuses to die. Really.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Technological Senses - Belisarius has an unnatural ability to detect all kinds of electric and technological impulses in their surroundings ranging from the magnetic field of the Earth, the slight electric currents of metahuman bodies and even other technomancers. How they do it is impossible to explain by known science. Its range is very limited, but the fact remains that Belisarius doesn't need to see or even touch something to know if it is or isn't technological and active.
- Minor Dissonance - Tainted and decaying, the glitches in Belisarius' living persona are blatantly obvious. They're fragmented and unstable, yet sturdier than they look. This naturally makes other technomancers extremely wary around them, but they haven't appeared to fully give into the corrupting influence of dissonance. It's only at the edges of their thoughts, sticking around and waiting for the right moment to pounce. Side effects of this include random fits of murderous rage and a complete incompatibility with animals. Perhaps animals have another sense that warns them of just how wrong this amalgamation of chrome and madness is. They even taint the Astral space around them.
- Face of Light - Perhaps this was part of their original makeup, perhaps not, but Belisarius' eyes and mouth emit a green light. Whenever they speak, the light shines from behind their teeth and from their retina like flashlights in fog. This makes them look perpetually possessed -- and coincidentally contributes to their incredibly distinct, impossible to mistake appearance.
No runs yet. This list will auto-populate when this character is tagged in a run AAR.
|Handraniel||3||4||Fixer||Technomancer Gatekeeper||Free Sprites are Friends not Foes, Resonance Web, Matrix Networking, Knowing an AI or two||Even|
|Psychonoise||5||2||Custom(G,A,K,N)||Weapons Researcher||Monad, Street Doc, Chromium, FBR Kitbash, Nano From A Monad?!, Biomassive, Medical Attention, Secret Pharma||Even|
|Perfect Authentic Cadence||5||2||Custom(G,A,K,N)||Cybersurgeon||Monad, Cyberlimbs, Cyberware, Geneware, Medical Gear, Nanotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Street Doc||Even|
|Dominus Faust||1||6||Service||Data Archivist||Cyberpsychotic, Deep Delver, Seattle Special, Supersearcher||Even|
|Exsang||1||1||Generalist||Street Healer||Druggie, Little People Folk||Even|
In Character Information
These search tables are mostly guidelines; if GMs have to employ these if op-for is searching for this character, use these mostly as ballpark measurements, not exhaustive results. Players can ask for more information if this seems somewhat lackluster!
Matrix Search Table
|1||No results found.|
|3||Mona Lisa application cross-references this incredibly mangled face with some blurry footage from the Rat's Nest.|
|6||Apparently was hired as a contractor to oversee nuclear power plant construction by Shiawase Atomics between 2061 and 2064.|
Shadow Community Table
|1||A hermit nigh-cyberzombie. Occasionally shows up on a helicopter and is tough to dent with bullets.|
|3||Probably has an implanted cyberdeck given that they've done quick searches on the Matrix before. Knows incredibly shady people.|
|5||Speaks to cars, drones, even household appliances as if they were sentient. Often mutters to themselves in a mix of Binary and English. Knows suspiciously much about nuclear engineering.|
|1||Usually suffering from various minor infections all over their body; this is a consequence of their augmentations being of varying quality.|
|2||Some standard or even second-hand chrome augmentations can be found.|
|3||Minimal Essence and no Magic to be found. Several of their limbs are alpha grade.|
|4||No bioware found, but their Essence left is a mere 0.02; how ghastly!|
|5||This thing is absolutely a technomancer.|
- Gallius Hogeneus - Rating 5, France
- Restricted Augmentations R5
- Restricted Armor License R5
- Exotic Weapons License R5
- Pilot License R5
- Firearms License R5
Belisarius' persona is often glitchy and jittery, as if dealing with high amounts of latency. This is an unintentional ruse, as their connection to the Resonance is thin and may snap at any moment. Their actions often manifest as tendrils appearing from within their robes, their physical form turned into a three-dimensional mass of scrolling binary code. These tendrils grasp and reorganize code of individual files as they see fit as well as assist in the technomancer's locomotion within hosts. It appears they do not fly with just a thought as other personas do, but manifest some sort of jetpack propulsion and propel themselves into digital space, leaving behind trails of acrid black smoke. Metal stampings and such often manifests as their resonant signature for this very reason. How industrious!
ShadowGrid Profile Comments
Players are free to edit this page after being on a run with BB and add their own comments on what they think of them. There are likely to be a few comments from less known runners already, but they're mostly one to three-word long comments about how bizarre they are.