|"I have the whole Matrix worth of information and more at my fingertips; the real crime here would be not to use as much of it as I can."|
|Titles and Awards||0|
|D.O.B.||February 4th, 2057|
Metatype - D |
Attributes - B
Magic/Resonance - A
Skills - C
Resources - E
- 1 Character Information
- 2 In Character Information
A technomancer and a technological prodigy from an early age, Vip3r has been at home in the Matrix since long before she emerged. She's a skilled hacker and street survivalist, and isn't bad at talking her way out of trouble either.
For now, Vip3r is primarily seeking stability. She's hoping to save enough nuyen to find a neurologist willing to treat her, or at least help her figure out what's wrong with her.
Shadowrunning has provided Vip3r with the steady income necessary to support herself, and also to afford the regenerative treatment she needed to correct the brain damage that she suffered in a Mitsuhama lab. She has a solid support network in Shadowhaven and is embracing her role as a shadowrunner and her identity as a technomancer, but she's still wondering what it truly means to be emerged. Vip3r craves community with other technomancers who will help her understand her relationship to the Resonance, and hopes to find information that will help her to contextualize the experiences she's had.
Vip3r taught herself to hack for fun and survival as a juvenile delinquent on the streets of the Redmond Barrens. She was adopted as a teenager by a middle-class couple who put her through high school, where she proved to be such a skilled learner that she was handed a corporate scholarship that would almost cover a college education and give her a direct pipeline to a stable career. In a desperate attempt to cover the rest, Vip3r took a shadowrun that ended in disaster, earning her eight years in Shadow Lake Correctional Facility at the age of seventeen. Four years in, she was offered a deal that would shave two years off of her sentence. It was framed as a work opportunity, but instead, it made her a lab rat in an intense and dubiously-ethical technomancer research operation by MCT.
Having extracted all the knowledge they can from her, MCT turns Vip3r loose two years later, putting her back on the street with no family, no contacts, and not-insignificant neurological damage that's rendered her unable to hold a regular job or schedule.
With a criminal SIN and nowhere else to turn for income, she began taking small-time hacking jobs again. As she did, people began to notice her skill, and Vip3r eventually attracted the attention of the Eighty-Eights Triad. They offered to burn her criminal SIN and set her up with a fake if she agreed to work for them in exchange, and in no position to refuse, Vip3r accepted.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- School of Hard Knocks: Vip3r spent most of her childhood learning to survive on the streets of the Redmond Barrens. Navigating urban life is in her nature.
- Paragon (01): At Betz's suggestion, Vip3r has sought communion with 01 out of a desire for a deeper understanding of the Resonance and a meaningful connection to other technomancers.
- Sensei: Vip3r is learning to improve her Cracking skills under M4rqu15 M4cr0.
- Distinctive Style: Vip3r is more than just a name; it's an identity. Snake tattoos, snakebite piercings, a split tongue and a Matrix persona that's a giant humanoid snake make that identity unmistakable.
- Records on File (Mitsuhama): Yeah, this one's self-explanatory if you've read her history. As far as anyone knows, Vip3r's biometric and neurological records are still being stored in a Mitshuama lab somewhere.
- Scorched (Migraines): While she's no longer plagued by tremors, Vip3r still deals with debilitating migraines as part of the brain damage she suffered under MCT's study.
|Name||GM||Metaplot||Date of Run|
|Rolling in the Deep||Ghostlin||Adversaries||29 August 2081|
|Let Sleeping Orks Lie||Si1as||Building a Better You||22 August 2081|
|It Belongs in a Museum 3.5: A Brief Interlude||Chrisst111||The Cutter's Curator||20 August 2081|
|Cr4ck1ng Th3 My5t3ry||Korean BBQ||18 August 2081|
|New to the Neighborhood||Si1as||Building a Better You||17 August 2081|
|Pirates of Elliott Bay||Korean BBQ||16 August 2081|
|Vip3r - Submersion I||Purkinje||8 August 2081|
|Little Glass Vial||SedatedAlice||Chromaggia||7 August 2081|
|Forget the Cage, We Know How to Make the Key||Ghostlin||Adversaries||31 July 2081|
|David Yang||5||2||Fixer||Eighty-Eights Grass Sandal||Oath-Bound, Triad Networker, Seattle, Gangs, Crime Syndicates, Matrix-Savvy, Vice||Even|
|Dr. Tony Hanks||2||2||Legwork||Charity Clinic Doctor||Surgeon, Charity Networker, Redmond Born and Raised, Gang Grudge, Overworked||Even|
|Betz||5||1||Legwork||Infobroker||Hacker, Infobroker, Matrix Lorekeeper, Mitsuhama Computer Technologies, Technomancer, Technoshaman||-1|
|Mr.Rudd||2||1||Networking||Art Dealer, I know a guy!, Satisfaction Guaranteed!, NO REFUNDS! NO RETRACTIONS! NO RECEIPTS!||Even|
|M4rqu15 M4cr0||4||1||Fixer||Matrix Magnate||Magnate, "There's only two things in life that are Certain, my dear...", The High Life, T34ch4r 0f th3 (Hacking) 4rt5, Eccentric Emerged Extraordinare||Even|
|Miles Imaus||3||2||Legwork||Nightclub Owner||Bellevue up-and-Comer, Nightclub Owner, Gambler, Businessman||Even|
- Eighty-Eights Triad: Though not an official member herself, Vip3r will not work against the Eighty-Eights as a result of the assistance they offered her when she was in need.
- Mitsuhama Computer Technologies: You read the above information, right? Vip3r has plenty of reason to hate and fear MCT. Rather than seeking revenge, however, Vip3r simply wishes to stay off their radar; she has no desire to risk reliving the last two years.
In Character Information
Symbols and Signatures
As her name would suggest, Vip3r follows a snake motif. The mark she leaves behind when hacking is an image of the open jaws of a snake about to bite.
Matrix Search Table
|1||Do you know how many users on the Matrix have some variation of "Vip3r" as part of their names? You're gonna have to look a little harder if you want anything specific.|
|3||A user named "Vip3r" seems to frequent various message boards about current events, technology, and a Matrix game called Plaguehunter. She seems to have a lot of helpful tips about boss attack patterns.|
|6||"Vip3r" also appears to spend a lot of time on some secure hacker boards. Whenever controversy around technomancers comes up, she seems pretty quick to defend them.|
Shadow Community Table
- UCAS fake SIN (Rating 4): Asami Nakamura
Standing at 5'7" (170cm), Vip3r is a Japanese elf woman with short hair, snakebite piercings, and visible snake tattoos (which, specifically, are African bush vipers) on her forearms and neck.
Vip3r dresses for utility and comfort, typically in a street-punk style, favoring blacks and greys with accents in purples or teals. She frequently does her shadowrunning in an armored synthleather jacket, grey with a high collar and plenty of pockets on the inside and out. For jobs with higher-end clients, she has an Executive Suite suit in dark grey, accented in light blue.
She switches between two Matrix personas, depending on what image she wants to convey. One is a stylized version of her actual appearance, but stands slightly taller than her natural height. The other is a naga modelled after an African bush viper, with iridescent black-purple scales.