|Titles and Awards||0|
|D.O.B.||July 28, 2050.|
Metatype - E |
Attributes - B
Magic/Resonance - A
Skills - B
Resources - E
- 1 Character Information
- 2 In Character Information
Mysad Alchemist Summoner Body-Snatching Face.
Driven: Somewhere in this city are answers to what split his family apart, what happened to his father, and what is going on with his mother (are there veiled cries for help in her carefully monitored communications?) at MCT: Seattle.
The Man Who Would Be Skein
1. Parents are hired by MCT Seattle. Having an awakened son leads to rapid promotion and great educational opportunities for the boy.
2. 2067: Mother (a genetic researcher) finds and reports a missing culture from the bio-symbiont project she heads. Her immediate boss (the guilty party) frames her for corporate espionage. Her work deemed too important, his father is transferred to MCT San Francisco as leverage. None of this is known to the boy, now 17.
3. 2068: War breaks out in San Francisco. Father goes dark. The young man drops out of university and travels to SF to find him, but is thwarted by red tape and corporate obfuscation. Years pass and his resources begin to dwindle. He spirals into despair and hedonism.
4. 2073: The young man begins to see the spirit of a bearded, one-eyed man in ragged robes. He appears to the young man (sometimes in wildly inappropriate places, such as by a bed in which the young man is not alone), gazes at him with a mixture of curiosity and disappointment, then wanders away. Obsessed by this bearded vagabond, the young man tries everything within his power to catch him and find out what he wants. He chases him, only to have the wily spirit disappear into the astral plane. He takes Shade to follow him, yet still cannot keep up (and, on one occasion, nearly dies). Finally, he begins to study conjuring to call and bind the spirit to him.
5. 2074: The young man begins the ritual to summon the spirit to him. As he opens himself to and begins to pit his will against the astral, a powerful voice tears through him. “Do not.” Suddenly, he finds himself in a dark Germanic forest at the split of a forking path. A pair of ravens perch on a signpost that reads “Drengskapr” and “Nidr” in Old Norse runes. The young man realizes he is being given a choice between Honor and Shame--between pulling his life together and continuing his quest for answers, or letting it fully fall apart. He chooses Drengskapr, and the ancient spirit, Odin, becomes his mentor and guide.
6. 2079: After years of study, searching, and self-actualization, the man--now not quite so young and going by the street name Skein--returns to Seattle. New leads have drawn him to the Emerald City. Hints and suspicions about the events that split his family apart are scattered through the information he has amassed, leaving more questions than conclusions. Is his mother involved, or a hapless victim of corporate machinations? What really happened to his father? Skein turns to running shadows to find out.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Dedicated Conjurer
- Mentor Spirit (Odin, Raven/Alt)
- Shoot First, Don’t Ask
- Spirit Affinity (Plant)
- Spirit Whisperer
- Code of Honor: The Shaman’s Code
- Records on File: MCT
- Signature (Carved Hnefatafl Piece)
|Name||GM||Metaplot||Date of Run|
|Blue Challenge||OB||21 July 2081|
|Salvador "Sal" Ramone||5||2||Networking||Fixer||Hassle-Free Delivery, It's the Music, Man!, In the Mix, Coming Soon!||Even|
|Alias||5||1||Gear||SIN Forger||SIN Forger, Police Contacts, Disguise Enthusiast, Hacker, Infiltrator, College Educated||Even|
|Halvor Ingvarsson||4||1||Custom(G,K,A,N)||Talismonger||Wanted, Enchanter, Planeswalker, Sons of Odin, Thaumaturgist, Norse Tradition||Even|
In Character Information
Public Transportation, for now.
Symbols and Signatures
Matrix Search Table
Shadow Community Table
Skall Stiansen (r3, UCAS)
- Licenses (r3): Mage, Firearms