This metaplot deals with real life superheroes and super villains in Seattle. Runs involving the Shadow Heroes meta plot are simple to create, just anything specifically involving superheroes or supervillains qualifies. However, there are a few established groups within the plot already involved.
- Carly Reeves is not directly involved in the events, but is invested in getting the scoop and reporting on the events of the metaplot.
- The City Watch are an organized group of real life Super Heroes. While technically independent, they are backed by Horizon in exchange for exclusive broadcasting rights of their heroics. The members are required to wear SimSense Recorders, cameras, and are expected to allow camera drones to follow them and record their heroics. They are also expected on occasion to take part in thwarting staged crimes for the show Superheroes of Seattle, of which the City Watch are the biggest stars.
- Use their abilities and sense of justice and decency to protect the innocent in any way possible.
- Assist and cooperate with local authorities, stay out of their way but assist in areas where the authorities do not have the resources to address the issue.
- Bring down the Neo Assembly
|Bold||Augmented BioSam||Bold is the leader of the City Watch. A fit human, augmented with unknown bioware. He is an expert in both Unarmed combat, as well as with various types of Firearms. He always uses non-lethal methods against metahumans, and frowns upon lethal combat.|
|Screamer||Aspected Summoner (Shaman)||Screamer is a summoner, who provides most of her support in the form of spirits. She is an Elf Shaman who has the channeling metamagic, and may channel spirits if pushed into a direct fight that appears to be especially difficult. She is trained in various types of firearms, and only fights with non-lethal options against metahumans.|
|Jammer||Rigger||Jammer is a human Rigger who shows signs of an old injury. While he is also skilled in various types of firearms, due to his injury he stays behind and provides support while jumped into his drones. He is a hardware specialist, and a highly skilled rigger. Like other members of the City Watch, he only uses non-lethal options against metahumans.|
- The Neo Assembly traces its roots back to NeoNet buying their custody contracts off of Lone Star. NeoNet then performed experiments on them, installing highly specialized prototype cyberware, bioware, generic augmentations, and nanoware. They were to be used as expendable test subjects to create a proof of concept for the next generation of super soldiers for NeoNet's Elite HTR teams. It is unclear if any of them suffered from CFD, but the experimentation alone caused them all to snap in a way. The fall of NeoNet left them abandoned, and they have finally broken out of their building and have begun a crime spree.
- The Neo Assembly serve as the primary antagonists in this metaplot. They are basically the Fearsome Four, the Legion of Doom, the Injustice League. Their exact numbers are not known, and it is highly encouraged to create new, gimmicky villain concepts.
- Revenge against a society that allowed them to suffer their fate.
- Increase their numbers.
- Take down the City Watch.
Held in Watchouse Containment
|System Crash is a corpulent human who is a skilled hacker. He has a cyberdeck implanted in such a way that its removal would kill him. NeoNet was attempting to create a way to allow a mundane decker to at least mimic some of the abilities of a technomancer, but these experiments were largely a failure. Still, he does appear to have extraordinary abilities on the matrix.|
|At Large||Agent Orange is a man who was originally convinced for attempting to lace the Seattle water supply with a deadly toxin. His obsession with poisons has become fanatical, and he exclusively uses them in combat. Gas guns, Dart guns, Gas Grenades, if it can deliver a toxin he is using it. His battle suit is an armored Orange hazmat suit, and his cyberlimbs are rigged to dispense toxins in various forms with implanted weapons. Even when exposed, he appears often unaffected by his own toxins, suggesting either some kind of immunity, or additional cyber to filter the toxins from his own system.|
|CALLING ALL HEROES: The Horror Before Christmas||DocMcGuffin||23 December 2080||Trash Panda|
|FOR JUSTICE||Teksura||8 December 2080||Eyes|