|Professor of Sorcery|
|Titles and Awards||0|
Metatype - B |
Attributes - C
Magic/Resonance - A
Skills - D
Resources - E
- 1 Character Information
- 2 In Character Information
Sage is an easygoing African-Japanese troll mage. He is a respected professor at MIT&T, teaching Magical Theory and Defense Against Magical Threats. A neatly dressed older fellow with a strong moral code, he hates the powers that be and wants to do his small part to bring them down. In his free time, he reads. Paper books from old libraries, cast-off papers, and forgotten letters fill his home. When not burying his nose in a book, he is an avid matrix gamer. He wants to become a famous writer (and become the greatest sword master in the world).
- Become a famous storyteller.
- Improve his swordsmanship skills.
- Buy a motorcycle.
- Buy a better lifestyle.
- Publish his own matrix games.
- Acquire a real set of armor, and gain the strength to wear it.
Sage was born in Boston to a middle-class family in 2030. His real name is Kwezi Kujo, but his street name is “Sage.” His parents were SINners, his father an African scientist and his mother a Japanese ex-soldier. When he was 10, he was identified as an Awakened and given the appropriate education at a preparatory school. At age 17 Kwezi enrolled in the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Thaumaturgy. After eight years of hard work, he was conferred a Doctorate of Thaumaturgy (Th.D) in 2055. For many years he worked as a private detective and occult investigator, while doing a bit of bounty hunting and bodyguard work on the side. He usually dealt with missions to fight magical threats. (You know, blood magic, insect spirits, shadow spirits and toxic magic.) Kwezi decided to retire for a more quiet life after the catastrophic Matrix Crash of 2064. He became a respected professor at MIT&T, teaching Magical Theory and Defense Against Magical Threats. He also conducted research on artifacts as part of his duties. He has a close relationship to the DIMR due to this. Now, in 2080, Prof. Kujo has been drawn back to the shadows by the urging of his mentor spirit Fire-Bringer. Humanis has been a recurring thorn in Kujo's side for many years, and he wants to take them down a peg.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Received an excellent education at MIT&T.
Exceptional Attribute (Logic)
- He is smarter than the average troll.
Mentor Spirit (Fire-Bringer)
- The Fire-Bringer found Sage many years ago, drawn to his kindness and generosity. He offered Sage tutelage on the path to magical enlightenment, and bestowed him a Mentor's Mask.
Code of Honor
- May not harm the innocent. May never accept bribes or misuse authority. When someone sincerely asks him for help, he can’t refuse.
Day Job (10 hours)
- Sage is an online freelance author. Fiction, academic theories, blogging, game reviews. Sometimes he works on MIT&T research or tutors a novice mage.
- He is covered in tattoos and speaks in a noticeable accent.
- He loves his fraggin sword.
- Prof. Kujo is a legal citizen of Boston and the UCAS.
- Bigot slayer
|Name||GM||Metaplot||Date of Run|
|(Im)Mortal Kombat||Korean_BBQ||22 August 2081|
|Adowa "Moria" Webster||4||3||Fixer||DIMR Scientist||Hermetic Mage, Decker, Nerd, Draco Foundation Fixer, Arcane-Archaeologist||Even|
|Joe "Chops" Burton||1||1||Custom(K, G, N, A)||Modern-Day Blacksmith||Unreliable, Street Rumours, Street "Foundry", Street Swords||Even|
In Character Information
Symbols and Signatures
Matrix Search Table
|1||Some academic type from Boston|
|3||A Professor of Sorcery at MIT&T|
|6||Freelance author who goes by the Matrix handle of "Ifrit"|
Shadow Community Table
|1||Generic wannabe hooder PI|
|3||Was specially trained to combat evil magic|
|5||Used to work on strange cases brought about by Halley's Comet and Winternight/Ex Pacis|
- Kwezi Kujo; Legal SIN (Boston, Massachusetts, UCAS)
- Blaize Ashindar; Rating 3 Fake SIN (UCAS)
He is covered in tattoos and speaks in a noticeable accent. A prominent western dragon is on each bicep, and an assortment of stylized tattoos run along his dark brown skin ranging from Celtic knotwork to Egyptian hieroglyphic designs, stylized scrollwork along one forearm, a running dragon along another. The crowning piece is a classic-looking red serpent that dominates his chest, and on his back lies a bright red “A” in the center of a bright red circle. Kwezi has a full braided red beard. His curling ram-like horns are etched with Norse runes, and his tusks are carved with kanji. In the middle of his forehead is a tattoo of the Eye of Horus. He is slightly more slender than most trolls and has a narrow, tapered jaw with a mouthful of sharp teeth. His golden almond-shaped eyes show a look of constant curiosity.
Sage currently wears a fancy suit underneath of an armor jacket, and a red cloak trimmed with gold filigree. On runs he dons a pair of metallic gauntlets and a helmet sculpted to resemble a knight's, equipped with a gas mask and trodes. He wears his sword in an ornate scabbard on his hip.
Sage uses three personas, one each for casual, business, and gaming. He goes by the handle of "Ifrit."
- For casual use he has a handsome, younger troll or elf with dark skin and usually a dancer's costume of some sort. The exact build and appearance change on a whim, but he is usually accompanied by lots of fire.
- For business he appears as a thin old troll with a long white beard and adorned in robes and golden bands. Basically a classical wizard.
- His favorite avatar for gaming (and the unlikely cybercombat) is a red skinned warrior mage in golden armor, equipped with a flaming sword and shield.