|Titles and Awards||
The Matrix Banshee
|D.O.B.||21 July 2055|
Metatype - C
Attributes - B
Magic/Resonance - B
Skills - C
Resources - E
- 1 Character Information
- 2 In Character Information
Purkinje is a mystic technomancer with a gnostic approach to matrix studies. She is eager and open to anything when it comes to magic or resonance, believing the two to be deeply related in some way. Her extensive focus on the matrix has led her to unhealthy physical habits such as recreational stimulant use and poor sleep patterns. Deckers, riggers and even other technomancers might find her approach to the craft unorthodox, but she produces results.
Red Aviators: Purkinje has a sense of justice and prefers to take jobs that involve sticking it to corps and bigots. Her tactical disposition is flexible.
- Look out for other elves and technomancers on the streets.
- Deepen her understanding of resonance, its realms and its paragons.
- Fuck up corps, especially MCT.
- Grow NCL School for the Gifted.
When she was little, Purkinje wanted to be a magician. She saw the magic of Tir Tairngire with a childlike wonder and firmly believed that when she came of age, her latent powers would manifest. They did, but not in the way she wanted. Her parents were appalled to find their daughter an inherent violation of the old ways, and with practically nothing of a support system to help her, she turned to shadowrunning on the streets of Cara'sir as a way to survive. She hopes to find herself in Seattle, somehow.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Technomancer & Resonant Stream: Sourcerer: Purkinje possesses a high degree of aptitude with resonance and the matrix in general. Her threading skills are prolific among technomancers.
- Bilingual: A native speaker of both English and Sperethiel, Purkinje can fit in with Tir elves and non-Tir elves without an accent giving her away. Some English idioms are lost on her, though.
Runs That Need AARs
- A Shadowrun Based on Our Will Be Done by Larry and His Flask - 23 Nov. 2080
- Moshi Moshi - 26 Nov. 2080
|Betz||5||2||Legwork||Infobroker||Hacker, Infobroker, Matrix Lorekeeper, Mitsuhama Computer Technologies, Technomancer, Technoshaman||Even|
|Briar||5||2||Fixer||Laesa Fixer||Laesa Syndicate, Smuggling, Vice, Crime Syndicates, Puyallup Native, Sprawl Gangs||Even|
|Peter Solemnus||2||2||Service||Soothsayer||Chaos Mage, Augury and Sortelige, Wanted, Divination Methods, Hard to Reach, Ritual Spellcaster, Divination Interpreter||Even|
|Rod Sterling||2||1||Swag(nerd)||Electronics/Software Merchant||Even|
- NCL School for the Gifted: Member
- Derelict Hardware: Lead Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
- Ares Anti-Project Pyro: 1
- Crime Mall: 3
- Ex-Firewatch: 10
- Horizon: 1
- Knight-Errant: 1
- Lone Star: 1
- Mitsuhama Computer Technologies: -1
- NCL School for the Gifted: 21
- Null Council: -2
- Order of the Delayed Calamity: 5
- OtherCon: 4
- Red Children: 1
- Seattle Government: 1
- Mitsuhama Computer Technologies: Formerly owned biometric data on Purkinje before she was deleted from their database.
- Hand of Five: Purkinje was one of the hackers behind the recent Hand of Five leak that doxxed members and hinted at a terror attack on the anniversary of the Night of Rage.
- Project Pyro: Purkinje has run against Project Pyro and its insect spirits multiple times. She is keeping files to remain abreast of their activities and organize resistance against them.
- x_X_Troll_U_4_Days_X_x: A dissonant technomancer. Little is known about this person.
In Character Information
Symbols and Signatures
Purkinje is prone to representing complex forms and matrix icons as arcane symbols. Her personal symbol is what appears to be an oddly-shaped tree with many branches, but someone experienced in anatomy might recognize it as a specific type of neuron. Her marks look like axon terminal buttons.
Matrix Search Table
|1 Hit||Articles on the Purkinje cell, a type of neuron found in the cerebellum that has hundreds of synapses and many axon branches.|
|3 Hits||Posts by a user "purkinje, the many-branching" on a wide variety of awakened community discussion forums. The infrequent posts are often on the subject of the parallels between magic and technomancy, inevitably leading to a ban.|
|6 Hits||Occasional bewildered posts by the same username on tech forums, always asking for incredibly detailed information that would suggest a high degree of coding skill but somehow lacking a fundamental understanding of what's being asked. Correlating this pattern of question-asking between obscure, deleted and hidden posts suggests the user is actually communicating in a sort of high-tech thieves' cant about shadowrunning, but details are ambiguous if they can be pinned down at all.|
Shadow Community Table
|1 Hit||A hacker who has lived in Seattle for a few months now. Scarily effective.|
|2 Hits||From Tir Tairngire, appears to have connections with the Laesa.|
|3 Hits||This runner has something of a grudge with MCT and loves to take on jobs against them. Fortunately it only seems to be a passion instead of an obsession - for now.|
|4+ Hits||A technomancer who is especially adept at threading. Prone to getting caught up on theory and conjecture, but nonetheless manages to do her job without complaint. Favors social engineering approaches.|
- Jessica Kowalczyk (UCAS, Matrix Security Contractor)(R4)
Purkinje is a pale-skinned elf with bright red hair and steely blue eyes. She is quite attractive, though perhaps average by elvish standards. Her form is tall and willowy, not possessed of much muscle. She dresses for the job, either drawing eyes or keeping them off her. She often wears a Berwick suit or dress. When she lets her guard down, she will adorn herself with technofetishes, RFID-tagged jewelry that displays images of her favorite arcane symbols in accordance with her mood via a program on her commlink.
In the matrix, Purkinje largely appears as she does in meatspace except dressed fancily as a witch with neon magic sigils. Her matrix actions and forms appear as spellcasting of various sorts, and her sprites appear as demons. This is but one of her many forms, however, as she is prone to loading different persona presets to fool people into thinking she's someone else.