|Titles and Awards||0|
|D.O.B.||21st Feb 2064|
Metatype - B
Attributes - D
Magic/Resonance - A
Skills - D
Resources - D
- 1 Character Information
- 2 In Character Information
A subtle and discrete street-mage, who prefers to finesse his way past obstacles rather than blast a path of destruction wide enough for even a blood-blind Wolverines' corp-cop to follow. He dresses with the old adage "geek-the-mage" in mind. With his strong build, military style bearing and street-samurai threads, he's the last person anyone would assume to be a spell-slinging mage. Or so he hopes.
Stay Alive. Become an Initiate. Get Rich. Stay Alive. Keep Juliette Happy. And Keep the Fireworks to a Minimum. Retire with a permanent High to Luxury lifestyle.
One of the youngest children of a Templar in service to the Lord Protector of the United Kingdom, Mush's father sought asylum for himself and his three litters of children following the Lord Protector's defeat at the hands of the Pendragon. With little more than the clothes on his back and his arcane skills, Mush's father supported his brood by running the Shadow's of Montreal until the night he, predictably, left on a 'run and never came home.
Mush's own mother worked two, sometimes three jobs at a time to raise the large family on her own, leaving little time for familial niceties. Mush was largely raised by his older sisters, who, also predictably, soon fell in with the local gang scene in the district of Queens where they lived. Mush, as SINless as anyone in his family, was unable to access public education and instead educated largely by the local community until the day his mother spotted an advertisement on the local matrix concerning a Black Magician looking for students.
Juliette Burma made it clear she was looking for clients, rather than dependents. Wealthy clients. But Mush's mother pulled what few strings she had in the Ork community and managed to gain the Black Magician's attention long enough to introduce her son as a potential "indentured servant." Tickled by the idea of her own Orkish slave, Juliette accepted the ten year old (and therefore young adult) ork into her "inner circle" of narcissists, sociopaths and psychotics. Mush doesn't often think of the torments -physical and psychological- he endured at the hands of that little coven of rich hedonists, but he remains grateful for the life lessons imparted to him there. Indeed, Mush soon took on all manner of "odd-jobs" in the Shadows of Manhatten and Montreal in order to pay his way for his tuition, all the more so as he grew older. Until, one night, the heat back East became just a little too much to cope with.
Juliette suggested a little working-vacation in Seattle. And so, armed with a couple of names from Juliette's infamous little black book, Mush finds himself in the most shadowed city in North America. Friendless, and looking for work.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Sensei: Juliette Burns (Skill Group: Summoning): One of the most notorious Black Magicians in North America. The only thing this vivacious and sadistic young woman enjoys more than the high life is recruiting more Black Magician "thralls" into her circle and wrecking lives. She uses Mush as mercilessly as she does any of her other toys. In return, she binds him to her service with the promise of further training and by knowing all his dirty little secrets - including the various unsavoury services he's performed on her behalf.
- Focused Concentration 1: When you rely on Manipulation magic in social circles, it's pays to not be sweating and distracted by the strain of maintaining too many spells.
- Mentor Spirit (Moon): Taking the Moon as Mush's mentor spirit was Juliette's idea. The Moon is a helpful spirit with regards to manipulation and illusions. As for making Mush somewhat less argumentative and conflict averse? Well, Juliette does like to keep her "allies" especially biddable. The less they argue back the better.
- Bad Credit: "Why should I take a risk on you, chummer? You're new to this Sprawl. I don't know you. Neither does anyone else."
- Designated Omega: Years of dependency on an narcissistic, manipulative, alpha-female sensei like Juliette Burns do not a leader make.
- Spirit Bane (Beast Spirits): Juliette had Mush attempt to summon a Beast Spirit once. Just to see what would happen. The resultant spirit-rampage made Juliette -very- angry. To this day, Mush doesn't like to think too much about what she did to the poor spirit that dared to wreck her pearl-white linen couch.
- Big Regret: Mush receives Magical Instruction from Juliette Burns in return for years of indentured servitude involving activities both mundane and ghastly including: housework, errand-running, bag-holding, invasions of privacy, gathering blackmail material, actual blackmail, destroying previously stable family units and even delivering her social rivals to Termanous agents and Benraku parlours.
|Name||GM||Metaplot||Date of Run|
|Competitive Intelligence||tkul||Killer A.P.P.||8 March 2081|
|The Collectors: Give Me A Man After Midnight||Ghostlin||The Collectors||7 March 2081|
|Blanca Blanco||2||2||Custom(G,A,K,N)||Talismonger||Talismonger, Enchanter, Street Shaman||Even|
|Juliette Burns||4||3||Generalist||Socialite Black Magician||Black Magic Theory, High Society, Manipulation Magic, Sorcery Foci, Blackmail||Even|
|Chloe Green||2||1||Fixer||Fixer||Activist, Environmentalist, Rich Brat||Even|
In Character Information
Symbols and Signatures
Matrix Search Table
Glitch: MUSH! The zero-nutrition mash substitute that kids love to enjoy. Made from Edible Slime. Aztechnology and it's subsidiaries are not responsible for anaphylaxis caused by exposure to this substance.
4 Net Successes: A small-time runner by that name from back east prefers taking the subtle approach to runs. Zero-shots fired. Zero publicity. Seems to have relocated recently.
6 Net Successes: A runner by that name does a lot of work for that hot society chick, Juliette Burns. Seems to be her go-to-man for all sorts of humiliating work in and out of the Shadows.
Shadow Community Table
Fake Sin (Rating 4) Desmond Dullon. Hermetic Mage. Licences (all Rating 4) include: Mage License, Driving License, Firearms License.
A short, well-groomed orc with slicked back hair shaved close to the scalp at the sides. He avoids wearing anything that might obvoiusly mark him as a mage, and instead favours pseudo-street-medieval and street-combat styling in his day to day clothing. He does, however, make a point of dressing for the occasion even if his clothes have an "off-the-rack" look made all the more evident by how his shirts and jackets barely stretch to accomodate his wide shoulders. His neatty trimmed beadr is barely long enough to qualify as more than stubble, and is a slightly lighter, more reddish shade of brown that the hair upon his head. Given his slightly angled ears, intense gaze, toned muscles and well defined jaw, Mush is lucky enough to find himself relatively attractive by the standards of almost all the common metatypes.
Mush is remarkably well spoken given his short tusks, which still mildly affect his speech and tone despite their modest, discrete size. He's been plagued in the past by accusations that he trims his tusks to keep them deliberately small and subtle, yet a closer look reveals they are well kept and polished almost to a gleam.
A pile of green goop with a huge mouth and two beady eyes modelled on the "Schlock Mercenary" character from the late 20th century. Carries a menacing, over-sized plasma cannon that emits an even more menacing "ThrrrrruuuuuuMMMMM" noise when activated.