|Titles and Awards||0|
|D.O.B.||March 9, 2059|
Metatype - D
Attributes - D
Magic/Resonance - E
Skills - A
Resources - A
- 1 Character Information
- 2 In Character Information
A young and stubborn surgeling, Moon Jelly grew up in three worlds: on the Matrix, in the water, and in the only gang that would take her on. She left the gang life behind a few years back, but she still retains the spitfire (and the good aim) that served her well back then. Since then, she's been following in her dad's footsteps as a hacker, and now she's decided to take that one step further by stepping into the shadows.
- Find out what happened to her dad
- Actually succeed at being a functional metahuman for once
Moon Jelly, born Umiko to a Japanese-American couple, surged at the age of two, as Halley's Comet past by. Her mother died in childbirth; her father, an otaku/technomancer, raised her as best he could, and taught her basically all he knew about the Matrix, in addition to homeschooling her. At age sixteen, her father was black-bagged by (she suspects) one of the megacorporations. She hid in the closet, clutching the cyberdeck her father had used to help disguise himself to her chest. She didn't dare emerge for hours after.
Figuring she needed some way to support herself, now that it was just her, she joined up with the Reality Hackers in Seattle and took the name "Moon Jelly" as a reference to the creatures she and her father used to keep. She did Matrix support, and occasionally extra firefight support, for said gang for about four years. Then she heard about Alice Kane via word of mouth, and figured that maybe shadowrunning was her ticket out of that life. Two years on, she feels like she's finally made it to the big leagues. Only way from there was up, right?
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Allergy (Uncommon, Mild): Moon Jelly had an ex-employer over in Snohomish who grew their own fruit in a greenhouse, and one summer decided to share the bounty of a peach harvest as part of the reward for the small-time run. She took one bite and it burned her throat going down. She's been suspicious of basically any real fruit ever since.
- Basement Dweller: Listen, she was homeschooled on the run a lot, okay? It doesn't make for a whole lot of practice at the "getting to know you" thing when you're a kid, and when you look like you walked out of a H.P. Lovecraft novel, it doesn't really make for a ton of it when you're an adult either. So she's a little awkward around new people. Ain't everyone?
- Distinctive Style: She found out about the "Dark Mori" fashion genre when she was sixteen and never looked back. Give her all the layers. All. Of. Them. She almost mummifies herself in layers of clothing. Seattle gets fraggin' freezing most of the year, anyway; she's just being practical. Also: she's a literal fish person. It gets...a little difficult to hide that sometimes.
- Nocturnal: Since her SURGE, her sleep schedule has been fragged to hell. She's mainly asleep during the day, and does her best work at night.
|Name||GM||Metaplot||Date of Run|
|The Great Plushie Massacre||Aurora||12 May 2081|
|Get Em' High||Pillare||4 May 2081|
|Alice Kane||5||2||Fixer||Cyber Surgeon||Mechanic, Info Broker, Weapon Specialist, Tech Savy, Cyber Surgeon||Even|
In Character Information
Symbols and Signatures
A lot of Moon Jelly's presence on the Matrix is themed after sea life and marine biology references. Her marks appear as bioluminescent cartoon figures of jellyfish, or, depending on if the action she took was part of cybercombat, as the scars jellyfish stings leave.
Matrix Search Table
|1 Hit||Articles about the jellyfish species Aurelia aurita, many images and trideos of said tiny, bioluminescent jellyfish species.|
|3 Hits||Very, very old posts and signatures from a user called "Moon Jelly", on forums dedicated to early millennial music. Apparently a big Florence and the Machine fan.|
|6 Hits||A mostly underground decker, with connections to the Reality Hackers and a fondness for going unnoticed.|
Shadow Community Table
R4 UCAS SIN Hama Daimyojin (Fake)
- R4 Cyberdeck License
- R4 Driver's License
- R4 Restricted Cyberware License