|Man Of The Cloth|
|Titles and Awards||0|
|D.O.B.||July 12th, 2022|
Metatype - D
Attributes - B
Magic/Resonance - C
Skills - A
Resources - E
A man teetering on the edge of sanity - a man who only knows death as the ends to his means and wants desperately to be good. A wolf in sheep's clothing who garbs in the cassock of a priest to protect the fragile perception he has of himself.
Will he bend or break when confronted with the truth? That he is a killer and that too much of him enjoys the pain he is capable of inflicting? We'll find out.
High Plains Drifter meets Edward Munny from Unforgiven with just a touch of Batman.
To finish his church, to cure the sickness poisoning the barrens, to come closer to GOD.
Strange how life takes you in different directions.
Father Steel started his a different man, set to work through seminary and take his vows like any other. But sometimes voices cry out louder than God's - sometimes a sense of duty to other men overpower one's duty to the Lord. Then that duty can get drowned by the bloodlust, lost in the mud and the blood of a hundred different battlefields until a stray landmine takes everything you thought you had.
What then? Do you cycle back through the military, plug your body full of machines to try and make it run the way it used to? Or do you realize God was giving you a sign?
Father Steel chose the latter. If he was going to be a soldier, he would be a soldier for God even if his body was broken. His experience in the military would keep him alive in places few dared to bring the Word. And his devotion would protect his soul from the temptations and the darkness there. He was gifted a vision in response - and a passage that burned itself in his mind.
"Upon this rock, you will build my church."
Two years later, most people in Redmond have heard of Father Steel in some way or another - that his Mission was a safe place in a world gone mad. That he was one of the rare few men of God who was unafraid to get his hands dirty to protect his charges.
And that, for a price, he would help anyone who asked him.
Narrative Significant Qualities
Fame: Local - Two years doing the Lord's work in the Barrens without catching a bullet has a way of making people famous. And Father Steel is the kind of personality people love to hear about. He's a Robin Hood, a Don Quixote, a Panco Villa. The underdog that most are hoping will wind up on top but know better than to put money on it.
Dependents (Inconvenience) - Father Steel has made himself indispensable to his flock, and as such they are frequently asking him to do things that they are not capable of. Sometimes it is as simple as making sure their child is seen home safely, other times it is to come rescue them from a gunfight in the middle of nowhere. No act is too great or small, last rites or sermons or weddings. Father Steel lives to serve.
Emotional Attachment (Mask) - Father Steel no longer sees himself as the man he was, and as such becomes incredibly upset when he loses his Mask. Nobody is quite sure what he looks like under there, but there are quite a few rumors. The most popular one is that he is scarred to hell and back. It's probably true.
Driven - Completing the church and fulfilling his vision is the most important thing in the world to him.
RISE AGAINST - GIVE IT ALL (8/12/2017)
- Father Figaro - Connection 3, Loyalty 2 - Talismonger
- Father Figaro is another man of the cloth that has found himself on hard times and in the barrens. He sells holy water from the back of a rundown foodtruck from half a generation ago, in addition to providing hot meals to all who ask for it. He has a knack for cooking and procuring exotic spices as well as anything else an erstwhile mage might need.
- Mother Superior - Connection 2, Loyalty 2 - Arms Dealer
- Mother Superior as she's known by her charges runs an orphanage in the middle of Redmond that relies on local gangs for protection. She's young and full of hope that if she can't change the world, she can at least make it better for the rats under her wing. She's the classic image of a nun, with one big difference. Her LMG is almost always balanced precariously on one black clad shoulder, locked and loaded.
- Sarge - Connection 4, Loyalty 2 - Fixer
- It wasn't that long ago Father Steel was in the military. This crusade of him has burned almost all of his old bridges except Sarge - she wasn't in his unit, but they fought together plenty of times. There's a grudging respect, even if she thinks his newfound religious bend is more than insane. She can get him what he needs, whether it's jobs or gear.
Knight Errant LT - A plain clothes street officer attempting to goad individuals into a riot swore to get to the bottom of things, referring to Father Steel and his team. He was put in his place pretty handily, but chances are he's not going to forget the blank-stare face of Father Steel's ballistic mask anytime soon.
SIN RATING 4 - LUCIUS FERRO
A vested priest working at a small tabernacle downtown called Our Lady Of First Sacrment. Scarred in a car-crash. Member of local gun-club with no felonies on records but a license to carry firearms.