|Titles and Awards||0|
|D.O.B.||14 February 2058|
Metatype - C
Attributes - B
Magic/Resonance - D
Skills - A
Resources - E
- 1 Character Information
- 2 In Character Information
Esper is a psionic mental manipulator who specializes in social infiltration.
Esper realizes how close she came to doing Evo's dirty work and wonders how much they tricked her into helping them during her "training." Now free, she refuses to take jobs that would hurt innocent people. She is especially interested in hooding, though corp-vs-corp can be acceptable so long as it doesn't involve stepping on the little people. She is not opposed to wetwork if it meets these requirements. Should a GM OOCly agree to it, Esper may take a run that violates these requirements in order to sabotage it.
Esper tries to get the job done quietly. She is primarily a modest social infiltrator. Despite this, she has a few tricks up her sleeve; in fights, she tries to remain a low-priority target and manipulate the enemy into compromising positions for team mates to take out.
- Evade capture by Evo.
- Smooth out her reputation in the shadow community.
Born a Yamatetsu citizen, Esper was identified early on as possessing an exceptional capacity for mental manipulation. Through various "incentives" (AKA veiled threats, carrot and stick, the usual corp stuff), she was pressured into a training program where her psychic powers were developed. She began to see the new Evo's dark side the more this training progressed. She knew too much, so she would have to make an escape instead of backing out. It took years to put the pieces into place, but a series of contacts, mysteriously helpful corp employees, and various other unwitting accomplices eventually laid the framework for a sudden escape that no one could remember clearly. Her fixer helped arrange this escape, and today she lives in Redmond. She wishes to use her powers for good, but worries she isn't ready to face Evo again yet.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Astral Chameleon: Esper's psychic presence is subtle, hard to notice even for the aware.
- Bad Rep: Esper's psychic powers make her feared and hated by the shadow community. Those who have a distaste for mental manipulation will give her a wide berth or a piece of their mind, but even those who approve of mind magic dislike that she is of the psionic tradition. In addition, people know that Evo is nipping at her heels, and a lot of runners don't want that heat.
- Common Sense: Experienced in working with people, Esper has developed common sense to know how she ought to approach a variety of situations.
- Method Actor: The most convincing deceiver is the one who deceives themself. This is especially true for a psychic, from whose mind all their power flows.
- Records On File (Evo Corporation): Esper's escape didn't involve the erasure of her records from Evo's database. This is an advantage they have over her in their ongoing pursuit.
- Social Appearance Anxiety 3: Power comes from the mind, so being confident is important. When Esper doesn't look good, her confidence falters.
- Wanted (Evo Corporation): Evo doesn't know exactly how Esper disappeared or where she went, but it wants her back and is willing to pay 25,000¥ for that to happen.
|Name||GM||Metaplot||Date of Run|
|From Lead to Gold||Torq!||24 Karat Magic||6 June 2081|
|Marvelous Beasts and Where to Find Them||DocMcGuffins||31 May 2081|
|Where There Are Crumbs...||Aurora||25 May 2081|
|The Rowland Case||Jigurd||Project Red Dragoon||14 March 2081|
|Calling All Heroes! Hellraiser||DocMcGuffin||Shadow Heroes||4 March 2081|
|Reformation Hunt 20||Darklordiablo||The Reformation||22 February 2081|
|One Second to Midnight||Darklordiablo||5 February 2081|
|Children for Men||Malibi||25 January 2081|
|Tea Time||Divergent0||21 January 2081|
|Growing Demense||Doom||Coronation||18 January 2081|
|Amelie and Jean-Baptiste||4||3||Fixer(A,N,K,G)||Infected Cabal Leaders||Ghoul Royalty, Vampire, SK Kid, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Corporate Kid||1|
|"CIA Bill" Cooper||4||1||Custom (K,N,G,A)||CIA Handler||Arm's Length, Intelligence Community, Company Man, Military Intelligence, Special Operations, Cover Identity, Q||Even|
|In4motion||2||2||Legwork||Legwork||Conspiracy Theorist, Investigative Journalist, Hacker||Even|
|Psychopomp||3||4||Gear||Talismonger||Psion, Dogmatic, Artificer, Spell Foci, Talismonger, Lodges||Even|
|Rick Rampant||4||3||Fixer||Talent Scout||Club Regular, Corporate Connections, Criminal Contacts, ID Forger, Seattle Native||Even|
- League of Extralegal Gentlemen: 1
In Character Information
Symbols and Signatures
Esper sometimes goes by "N" or "14." The reason for this is unknown - likely something personal.
Matrix Search Table
|1 Hit||ESPer, a word defined as someone with extrasensory perception.|
|3 Hits||The word "esper" has been used to refer to characters with apparently magical powers in various media throughout the 20th and 21st centuries.|
|6 Hits||A Seattle user named "Esper" occasionally posts on frequently-scrubbed matrix forums for the psionically gifted, where some users traffic in illegal spell formulae and talislegging.|
Shadow Community Table
|1 Hit||A mental manipulator, a user of mind magic.|
|2 Hits||Recently departed Evo on less-than-friendly terms with the help of her fixer Rick Rampant. Evo is still after her.|
|3 Hits||Follows the psionic tradition, doesn't have a mentor spirit or fundamentally believe in the sanctity or spirituality of magic.|
|4+ Hits||Despite her bad reputation, spooky presence, and the nature of her powers, she's trying to do the best she can to help people.|
- Jennifer Ward, UCAS (R4)
Esper is a young human woman who stands at 178 cm, or 5' 10". She prefers dark clothes, adopting a goth aesthetic in casual situations. Her skin is pale and untanned. She often makes her polychromatic lenses display her irises as red instead of their natural green. Her hair is black and straight, neatly cut and cared for.
On the matrix, Esper appears as a sort of X-Men style superhero with a catsuit and glowing energy.