|(With a large stick up his)|
|Titles and Awards||0|
|D.O.B.||April 12th 2055|
Metatype - D
Attributes - A
Magic/Resonance - A
Skills - E
Resources - D
- 1 Character Information
- 2 In Character Information
Magic is the greatest injustice in the universe. This guy's here to fix that.
- End those who would abuse the cosmic powers granted them.
- Don't die
- Yeah, that's about it.
Born in 2055, Kent had a very nice childhood in an Ares corporate enclave, groomed for sales, until the Crash.
At the ripe age of 9, he found himself homeless in Redmond, with dead parents, no credentials, and some early Awakened powers. Enough to get him into one of the mayfly wizgangs, where he got some low-grade magical teaching, and survived long enough for his ancestors to start talking to him. By the time he was 17, he was on his own, having a bit of a premonition (and rightly so) that something bad was going to happen to his old gang, he set off to develop into the role his ancestors had chosen for him.
The role as the sole surviving member of the Order of The Gift, a knightly order from the 4th World dedicated to bringing justice to those who would abuse magical talents. A whole parcel of adept-hunters, as it were, and mostly adepts themselves. He was doing pretty well, too - his talent was strong, he was savvy, and he was smart enough to be able to use a gun as well. That, along with good reflexes, got him by for a few years, taking out the odd abusive wizganger and training himself (with some help) in magic as he went.
Until late 2078, that is.
That's when things went south.
It's raining in Seattle, and it's cold, and frankly no one wants to be outside. Kent is outside. He's on a job. He's pretty new to this shadowrunning thing, see, and he's gotta bust up this meeting. Ge loads up, starts moving in. Contacts some people, lets them know what's up, just in case something goes south. He posts up outside the place, waiting for people to file in. He's got a lever action, and the basic plan is "Pick off the last people to go in, then use the chaos to pick off more until he has to go in and clear with a shotgun." Sure enough, it's a sound plan. The last car that's supposed to be at the meeting rolls up, and he starts shooting. People drop, unconscious, and he waits. And waits. He starts moving in when no one comes outside to investigate. He's worried, but his senses haven't caught up yet.
It's a shame, that.
Four cars were supposed to be at this meeting. All of them parked outside. 13 people. Four were unconscious or close enough to it outside. That leaves... nine. Only one is magically active, so Eless isn't running anything at the moment, and he moes in to a seemingly empty building. He clears the main floor, the second floor, and the third floor. He clears the roof. He goes back down to the first floor. There's no sign of anyone. So he looks more. Something's up here.
He finds a hidden basement entrance, behind a dilapidated bookshelf. Easy enough, once he started actually looking. He heads down. Four people in the first room. He got hit a couple times, but his jacket took the brunt of it. He's winded, but they're down. Five more. Three doors. One underneath the stairs. Empty closet. One south. A utility room. Six unconscious women hooked to IVs. The northern door opens. He fires eight shots wildly. Click. Empty mag. He fumbles to reload and takes cover. A grenade rolls in.
A grenade rolls in.
Eless dives on it. His arms curl up in front of him. He waits for what seems like forever.
It goes off.
He wakes up six weeks later in a street doc's clinic. He has, functionally, no arms. But he's alive. Four of the girls, too - the other two were nowhere to be found. He considers saving up for regenerative treatment, but he can't. The cost of six weeks treatment dipped his cash reserves too low. But he can get some cyberarms. A couple days of communing with his ancestors and there is a consensus. It is better to be burned out some and still capable, than to be unable to do more good. So he burns out, with a new sense of what is necessary. It doesn't affect him as much as it ought to, lending credence to his belief that this was the right decision.
Unfortunately, unbeknownst to him, he still has a chunk of his own ulna in his brain from the explosion. Pretty unfortunate. Certainly nothing bad will ever come of that.
Narrative Significant Qualities
All of them. But mostly..
- **Borrowed Time** - Eless has a chunk of his own bone in his brain. Jokes aside, the GM must roll 3d6 at the start of each session. If all 3 dice come up with the same result, then at some point in that session, Eless will die. I can, however, burn *all* edge to instead survive and lose this quality.
- **Code of Honor: The Code Of The Order of The Gift** - Eless feels that magic is the greatest source of disparity in modern society. Some people simply do no have it, at least not yet, and it is a potent and powerful tool. As a result, Eless refuses to use his magic offensively against those without magical talent themselves. He will not blast them, he will not alter their sense of reality, and he will not do anything to cause them harm.
- Eless will not use magic against sapient mundane opposition, except to determine the presence or absence of magical talent. Assensing or detection spells to determine magicality are acceptable.
- Eless will not buff himself or others when fighting sapient mundane opposition. Against mixed opposition, buffing is acceptable, though he prefers to avoid it, and he will always drop it as soon as the magical portion of the opposition is incapacitated.
- Eless will not stand for any of the above, though he recognizes he cannot stop all abuses immediately. He will, however, attempt to stop anyone who is in his immediate vicinity who attempts to break the first premise of this code. This is the sole portion of the code that may be overridden by a Composure (4) test.
For the purposes of this code, "mundane" means without a Magic score. As usual, it is subject to his own perceptions, which may be flawed, but he will always attempt to be correct, and is generally equipped well enough to do so. Any breach of the first two, or a breach of the third without a successful composure roll, will result in a loss of 1 karma.
- Dr. Henry Wallace - Connection 6, Loyalty 1 - Street Doc
- Infovore - Connection 4, Loyalty 3 - Info Broker
- Juan Lopez - Connection 5, Loyalty 2 - ID Forger
- Madame Butterfly - Connection 4, Loyalty 3 - Fixer
- Mei - Connection 6, Loyalty 1 - Talismonger
- Rebecca Montez - Connection 5, Loyalty 2 - KE Detective
The Order of The Gift, a very defunct knightly order.
In Character Information
Symbols and Signatures
Matrix Search Table
Shadow Community Table
Kevin Ingles - Rating 4 UCAS Sin
Tall, sharp-featured elf with cropped blond hair and green eyes.
Typically armored jacket, slacks, loafers, but varies.