|The Illusionist of Fear|
|Titles and Awards||0|
|D.O.B.||September 9th, 2040|
Metatype - E |
Attributes - A
Magic/Resonance - A
Skills - C
Resources - E
- 1 Character Information
- 2 In Character Information
Deimos (Short for "The Blade of Deimos") is a mage who specializes in controlling people through their deepest fears. Preferring the reliability of exposing people to their actual fears, rather than an illusion, she is a competent shapeshifter and Clairvoyant; spells she uses to create or locate particular stimuli.
The Oracle saved Deimos' life when they first made their pact. As such, she has devoted her life to It, and hopes to be chosen as a future mouthpiece for The Oracle's prophecy.
Deimos was an orphan raised by olympianists; she had very little growing up, save her faith, and as such, when she awakened, she devoted her life to the gods. At first it was to the goddess of Magic and the gods of fear, but when The Oracle rescued her, she also became an acolyte of Apollo.
Her reasoning for shadowrunning is directly tied to her faith; The Oracle wanted someone in the Seattle Shadows.
There's a lot more to her story, but most people don't want a life story in the middle of a dossier. See attached report in the GDrive.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Mentor Spirit: Magician Powers: Oracle Deimos is a devout follower of several Olympian gods, but the spirit she follows in particular is that whom she sees as The Oracle of Delphi. To her, The Oracle presents itself as cryptic messages fortelling a future quest, their meaning often unclear until the quest is over.
- Bilingual - Deimos was raised with a mix of modern and ancient Greek, resulting in her being natively fluent in both.
- Common Sense - Deimos prides herself in her greatest superpower; Common Sense.
- Perceptive (2) - Deimos has trained her skills of observation so that she can always spot the flaws in someone's psyche.
- Flesh Sculptor (2) - Deimos has had a lot of practice with shapechange magic, and that study and practice allows her to stretch the bounds of the spell a bit.
- Code of Honor: The Hermetic Code - Prophecy relies on knowledge, and therefore, to a disciple of The Oracle, destroying knowledge, especially magical knowledge, is the greatest crime imaginable. Furthermore, Deimos has seen how much the histories of her faith have been twisted, and wishes for the knowledge of this world to survive into the next.
- Phobia, Uncommon (Severe): Teleophobia (Religious Ceremony) - Deimos was nearly broken by the Oracles of Delphos, who had discovered her portentous birth, and intended to force her to become a powerful Oracle. They did this through a series of harrowing ceremonies and rituals. As such, she is terrified of all kinds of religious ceremony, and even family prayers at night can unsettle her.
- A Place for You, No Place for Me, 28-12-2018
- Streetlight Manifesto - Point Counterpoint (Part 1), 24-01-2019
- Big D And The Kids Table - Doped Up Dollies on a One Way Ticket to Blood, 29-01-2019
- You Won't Hear it on the Local Grid, 27-04-2019
- A Third Shadowrun based on The Paper Chase's You Will Never Take Us Alive, 04-05-2019
- A Fourth Shadowrun based on The Paper Chase's You Will Never Take Us Alive, 05-05-2019
- A Shadowrun Based on Big D and the Kids Table's L.A.X., 25-05-2019
- A Run based on Stick and Poke's Remember Me when you Sing, 01-07-2019
- A Fourth Shadowrun Based on Fall Out Boy's The Phoenix, 14-07-2019
- A Seventh Shadowrun Based on Fall Out Boy's The Phoenix, 26-07-2019
- A Twelfth Shadowrun Based on Fall Out Boy's The Phoenix, 10-08-2019
- A Fifteenth Shadowrun Based on Fall Out Boy's The Phoenix, 26-07-2019
- Protecting the Gentry, 18-08-2019
- A Shadowrun Based on Miseria Cantare (The Beginning) by AFI, 09-09-2019
- A Shadowrun Based on That’ll Be the Day by Streetlight Manifesto (Part 1), 01-11-2019
- Jinx - Connection 5, Loyalty 2 - Fixer (Networking)
- Blaze - Connection 4, Loyalty 1 - Talislegger (Swag)
- Jean Jacques Pierre - Connection 5, Loyalty 1 - Armorer/Tailor (Swag)
|The New Argonauts||+16||Connection 2 - Olympian Tradition Mentors, Mercenary group
The New Argonauts—Hercules, Orpheus, and Atalanta—form the leadership of the Olympianist Academy of Magic. While the academy is committed to training all seekers in the philosophy and use of Olympianist magic, they also handpick the best recruits to join the New Argonauts as mercenaries for hire. The New Argonauts travel where the Oracle leads them, and their prowess has gained them a herculean reputation in the shadows.
|Lazer Powered Cats||+3||The Technomancer Tribe that Rushes-to-Encrypt belongs to.|
|The Ravens||+3||Technomancer Tribe|
|Technicolor Stream||+3||Technomancer Tribe|
|The Walking People||+3||Technomancer Tribe|
|The Sovereign Military Order of Malta||+1|
|Seattle Punk Scene||+1|
In Character Information
Symbols and Signatures
Deimos is a devout follower of multiple Olympian gods, most notably Apollo, Hecate, Phobos and Deimos. She will always wear symbols of these gods.
Furthermore, it is not uncommon for manableed from her spells to manifest as the symbol(s) of the god(s) or goddess(es) that Deimos most associates with that spell. (e.g. "Incubus Shroud" would manifest as the arrow of Eros shooting out from Deimos' hands to strike each person being covered by the glamour)
Matrix Search Table
|1 hit||A god of Olympianism, son of Ares and Aphrodite, known as the personification of terror. Brother of Phobos, personification of fear.|
|2 hits||A vigilante from the Federated Republic of Hellas in the mid-2060s took on the name of 'The Blade of Deimos' and was known to torture people with their own fears. They are suspected dead.|
|3 hits||A number of forums have a user named 'LadyDeimos' asking carefully about something called 'The Apple of Apollo' in Seattle. This user traces to frequent connections in the daze.|
|4+ hits||Registered agent of The New Argonauts. Officially marked as 'on extended mission' in their records. SIN listed as 'Eliza Dare', an ordained priestess of Hecate from Lessia, FRoH.|
Shadow Community Table
|1 hit||Relatively new runner to the Seattle scene. Greek. She was the mage who turned another runner into a cat to escape or something. Also supposed to be some kind of 'mind mage'|
|2 hits||One of Jinx's charges, calls her a 'fear mage'. Something about using people's deepest fears against them. Mentioned scaring a group of Ancients half to death over in Bellevue. Very religious, follows those old Greek gods. Rumored to have been asking around about something called 'the apple of apollo'. Frequents the Daze and the Sanctuary.|
|3+ hits||Deimos is a agent of The New Argonauts. Clearly has some agenda for being in Seattle. Also matches the description of a vigilante in the Federated Republic of Hellas from around 15 years ago.|
- Eliza Dare (Federated Republic of Hallas)
Deimos appears a young woman in her mid-twenties, with fiery red hair falling in a curly mess halfway down her back. Her vibrant green eyes, however, suggest she is far older than she appears; they are eyes that have seen deep into people's hearts, many, many times.
She is petite, slim and pale, looking like she prefers to sit inside and read rather than see the sun.
Her clothes always appear absent-mindedly chosen. They are rarely complementary, often garish, and always look like an afterthought.
With the exception of one thing; a fine, electrochromic riding coat with gold embroidery is her covering of choice on a run. The cuffs are decorated with the symbols of her gods, and she obviously cares more for this coat than most of her other possessions.
Deimos' matrix persona is an empty black hooded robe with a black circular shield on it's back.
Deimos' Astral form is a tall classical Amazonian warrior, with hair floating around her head as if in water, and a large, circular black shield, adorned with the face of the god Phobos.