|Gifted in Seattle|
|Metatype||Human Psionic Adept|
|Titles and Awards||0|
A - Attributes
C - Skills
A - Magic/Resonance
E - Metatype
E - Resources
- 1 Character Information
- 2 In Character Information
- 3 Streaming
- 4 History of Psionics
- 5 Artwork
Crosley is a Psionic Adept living in Seattle.
Crosley's goal is to learn all the abilities.
William Flood is a PCC citizen who grew up in Denver. His psionic powers manifested when he was in his teens and after some matrix searching found the Bainbridge Psionic Institute located on Bainbridge Island in the Seattle Metroplex. After graduating Oracle directs him to the New Wave Travel Agency, and to Blue Suited Joker Consulting where he moonlights as a 'psychic consultant'.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Psionic Mystic Adept
- Crosley studied at the Bainbridge Psionics Institute. There he learned to control, harness, and grow his abilities.
- Astral Chameleon
- Crosley's astral signature blends into the background of astral space and is difficult to detect. All signatures left by Maddox last only half as long as other astral signatures. Any individuals assensing astral signatures left behind by Crosley receive a –2 dice pool modifier for the Assensing Test.
- Mentor Spirit: Eagle
- Hawk Eye
- Crosley has exceptionally keen natural vision. He can identify a face a block away without binoculars or spot a spent casing in a shadowy crack at five meters. Characters gain a +1 dice pool modifier to their Perception Tests and shift all Range Environmental modifiers up one category (e.g., Medium becomes Short). The quality is part of Crosley’s natural eyes and is not compatible with electronic vision enhancements and/or cyber- or bioware augmentations or replacements.
- Witness my Hate
- All of Crosley's single-target direct damage spells are resolved at +2 DV. However, such reckless channeling of destructive forces wreaks havoc on the character’s system. The Drain code for any affected Direct Damage spells is increased by +2
- Day Job 20hrs
- Crosley, works at the New Wave Travel Agency, as a travel agent.
- Creature of Comfort
- Crosley likes living the good life. For every day that Crosley must spend “slumming” it in a lower Lifestyle category, he suffers a –1 penalty to all Social and Healing tests per Lifestyle category below his chosen level. Life just isn’t worth living without that Trideo subscription.
- SINner PCC
- Crosley's real name is William Flood. He grew up in on the Pueblo Corporate Council partition of Denver.
- Portugal, The Man 6/29/2079
- Verses The Mooney Suzuki – Shake That Bush Again 7/01/2079
- Against All Authority – Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver 7/05/2079
- Porter Robinson & Madeon - Shelter 7/28/2079
- Katy Perry - Swish Swish (Part 2) 8/11/2079
- Midtown - Give It Up 10/11/2079
- Fruit of the Moneytree 10/13/2079
- Better Off Dead 10/13/2079
- Three's a crowd 11/17/2079
- Jinx - Connection 5, Loyalty 1 - Fixer
- John Baptise - Connection 2, Loyalty 1 - Cabbie
- Rhonda Savage - Connection 2, Loyalty 1 - Infobroker
+3 ex NEONet
+1 Black Star
In Character Information
R4 William Floyd (UCAS)
A young man in his mid-twenties. He is Caucasian with Grey hair and Brown eyes. He has a medium skin tone. His height and weight are average for his metatype and age. William started losing his hair color while at the Institute and decided to have colored white after graduating.
Armor jacket, jeans, boots, hoodie up with his walther palm pistol hidden and ready at a moments notice.
The following actions increase a character’s Wild Index by the listed amount. A character may not increase their Wild Index with the same action within a single twenty-four hour period.
|Disrupting a toxic spirit||Destroying disrupted toxic spirit in its native metaplane||Cleansing disrupted toxic spirit||Destroying a toxic power site||Cleansing a toxic power site||Releasing a spirit with services remaining||Banishing a spirit controlled by a mage||Temporarily awakening a slumbering wild spirit||Permanently awakening a slumbering wild spirit||Creating an ally spirit||Willingly setting an ally spirit free||Successfully calling a wild spirit||Accepting a spirit marker||Breaking a spirit marker||Binding a spirit of any kind||Bringing toxicity to a natural area||Bringing toxicity to a power site||Turning a spirit toxic||Destroying a power site||Turning a power site toxic|
|That spirits’ Force||That spirit’s Force x 2||That spirit’s Force x 3||That power site’s Rating x 5||That power site’s Rating x 10||1 per service lost||2 per service lost||1||That spirit’s Force||That spirit’s Force||That spirit’s Force x 3||1||(Spirit marker’s Rating)||Subtract twice what was gained||Subtract that spirit’s Force||–1||Subtract that power site’s Rating||Subtract that spirit’s Force x 2||Subtract that power site’s Rating x 5||Subtract that power site’s Rating x 10|
Matrix Search Table
|1||You have access to Crosley's ShadowHaven Profile.||Handle: Crosley||Missions Complete/Failed 5/0||Fixer Contact||Role: Psychic Consultant||Metatype: Human|
|3||You have access to Crosley's R4 SIN in addition to the previous.||R4 William Floyd||UCAS Seattle Citizen||R4 Spellcasting License||R4 Adept License||MCT Blue Defender|
|6||You have access to Everything.|
Hi, I have a twitch channel and would love to stream your shadowrun!
History of Psionics
Psionics is a weird tradition for a mage. You are a 'mage' but don't believe in magic that is absurd! It might interest you to know that originally, Psionics was going to be their own thing within the Shadowrun universe. In this section, I will attempt to piece together the aborted history, and offer some help to those that would like to play a Psionic mage. This section should also be helpful for any GM's that have me on their run, and maybe even Catalyst Game Labs!
In 1994 Ken Dye asked members of the ShadowRN mailing list if they were familiar with the GURPS and Cyberpunk rules for psionics and how they felt about adding them in Shadowrun 2. This set off a storm of activity on the mailing list on how best to implement mental powers into Shadowrun. After four days the topic was moved to NERPS, (Net Enhancement for Role-Playing Shadowrun) mailing list, and over the next two weeks psionic material produced. (NERPS: Lost and Found)
What is Shadowrun Psionics? Unfortunately, we’ll never know truly how Psionics were meant impact the game. What we do know is that they are very similar to how mages work. They had their own magic pool, call Psionics Pool. Psionics had two new skills Psionic Manipulation which allows the character to control and manipulate psionic energy, and Psionic Theory. Psionic Theory provides the character with an understanding of how psionics works and is vital to gaining new abilities. In essence, Psionic Manipulation is the stand in for Spellcasting, and Psionic Theory is Arcana. We know that instead of Spells there were disciplines and within each discipline were abilities.
The NERPS team did not get far in making abilities for Telepathy, Telekinesis, Clairvoyance, Psychometabolics, or Divination, but they did make some abilities in Cyberpsionics.
by Robert A. Hayden
This ability allows the user to attempt to read the headware storage of the target decker. The target number is equal to the target’s willpower plus deck hardening. If successful, the GREPper can copy that memory into his own for study at his leisure.
by Robert A. Hayden and J.D. Falk
The ability allows the user to seize control of the target decker’s mind. The target number of the attack is equal to the target’s willpower plus any deck hardening. If successful, the target will be unable to refocus their attention on the real world (to jack out, for example) and will be unable to make any actions in the matrix. This is a sustained ability. The target can attempt to break out each turn using dice equal to his willpower, with a target number equal to the casters suppress rating. It is worth noting that the recipient of the SUPRESS effect does not know that it is another decker using mental powers on them, or even that there is another decker there (unless an analyze or visual contact has already show the Cyberpsionicist’s presence); all the target decker knows is that they cannot think clearly enough to do anything. Of course, another Cyberpsionicist will be able to recognize the effect.
Psionics also had access to ‘Hacking’. No, it’s not what you think it means. Basically, Psionic mages could have access to abilities he did know personally know himself. Let’s say you want to put up a physical barrier but didn’t have that specific ability on your sheet you could Allocate dice from your Psionic Hacking Pool. Each dice allocated represents one for level of force. Maximum force of power to be hacked cannot exceed ½ the discipline rating. Any sustained hacked power gives a (Force)+1 penalty to additional power uses (instead of the standard +2). Drain resistance for hacked powers can only be augmented by dice in your Psionic hacking pool, not by dice in your standard Psionic Pool.
So where do we go from here? In succeeding, books psionics were hobbled without having any perks to counterbalance the negatives. In Magic in the Shadows, Psionics would have to design their own spells, could not use any foci, could not banish spirits, but could create thought forms. In Shadow Spells, Psionic mages could not have mentor spirits, and they erased the Hermetic tradition’s role in birthing Psionics.
Since Psionics have no discernable advantages over any other tradion it would make sense then that Psionic have access to the same advantages and costs as other mages. The problem of the Psionic mage becomes one of terminology.
Since Psionics are just another traditions mages can choose from, the problem of the psionic mage is merely terminology.
|Mentor Spirits||Spirit Guide||xxxxx|
|Spell Categories||Psionic Disciplines||Resonance Library|
|Combat||Fire||Pyrokinetic Construct||Skills: Assensing, Astral Combat, Exotic Ranged Weapon, Flight, Perception, Unarmed Combat||Powers: Accident, Astral Form, Confusion, Elemental Attack, Energy Aura, Engulf, Materialization, Sapience||Optional Powers: Fear, Guard, Noxious Breath, Search||Weaknesses: Allergy (Water, Severe)|
|Detection||Air||Aerokinetic Construct||Skills: Assensing, Astral Combat, Exotic Ranged Weapon, Perception, Running, Unarmed Combat||Powers: Accident, Astral Form, Concealment, Confusion, Engulf, Materialization, Movement, Sapience, Search||Optional Powers: Elemental Attack, Energy Aura, Fear, Guard, Noxious Breath, Psychokinesis|
|Health||Man||Vitakinetic Construct||Skills: Assensing, Astral Combat, Perception, Spellcasting, Unarmed Combat||Powers: Accident, Astral Form, Concealment, Confusion, Enhanced Senses (Low-Light, Thermographic Vision), Guard, Influence, Materialization, Sapience, Search||Optional Powers: Fear, Innate Spell (any one spell known by the summoner; Force is limited to spirit’s Magic), Movement, Psychokinesis|
|Illusion||Guidance||Hallucikinesis Construct||Skills: Arcana, Assensing, Astral Combat, Counterspelling, Perception, Unarmed Combat||Powers: Astral Form, Confusion, Divining, Guard, Magical Guard, Materialization, Sapience, Search, Shadow Cloak||Optional Powers: Engulf, Enhanced Senses (Hearing, Low-Light Vision, Thermographic Vision, or Smell), Fear, Influence|
|Manipulation||Task||Telekinetic Construct||Skills: Artisan, Assensing, Astral Combat, Perception, Unarmed Combat||Powers: Accident, Astral Form, Binding, Materialization, Movement, Sapience, Search||Optional Powers: Concealment, Enhanced Senses (Hearing, Low-Light Vision, Thermographic Vision, or Smell), Influence, Psychokinesis, Skill (choose any Technical or Physical skill)|
In order to help me provide backstory to my Psionic characters I created a timeline of macro events to help ground them in the Shadowrun universe.
- 2011 Magic returns to the world.
- 2034 Cross Applied Technology Founded.
- 2050: Psionics is discovered at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Thaumaturgy by Hermetic mages and thermaturgical scientists.
- 2060 Cross Applied Tech granded AAA status and court seat.
- 2064 Matrix crash 2.0
- 2065 Cross Applied Tech downgraded to A status and loses court seat.
- 2065 Pierre DuBois flees Quebec after the fall of Cross Technologies to Paris. Pierre DuBois is the mentor for the Psionic tradition.
- 2076 CFD outbreak in Boston.
- 2078 Current in game year.