|Titles and Awards||0|
|D.O.B.||February 14th, 2061|
Metatype - E |
Attributes - A
Magic/Resonance - A
Skills - D
Resources - D
- 1 Character Information
- 2 In Character Information
CirCe, or Amber Gold to her friends, is a Changeling technomancer who specializes in the compiling and direction of Sprites.
To survive long enough to repay her debt of gratitude to Jinx, and find a place in the world for herself and Diana.
If she can make things better along the way for other changelings, that'd be great too.
Amber was one of the first. She was born early in the year of the comet, to parents who couldn't handle their glow-in-the-dark vulpine freak of a daughter, but nor could they quite abandon her or 'get rid' of her. So they hid her in their basement and had as little to do with her as possible, only the bare minimum to keep her alive.
Amber spent the 16 years she was locked away almost exclusively on the 'trix, learning things from how to read and write, right through to complex forms and sprite compiling.
In her 16th year, she was detected and captured by NeoNET operatives, ans she only escaped due to blind luck and her changeling nature.
In 2077, she came to Seattle, and came into contact with Jinx, who helped her go off the grid away from her pursuers. Here she was bunked with Diana, another changeling runaway. The two were extremely wary and cautious of each other for a long time, but after a rough first year, gradually Diana and Amber bonded, and are now nigh inseparable.
There's a lot more to her story, but most people don't want a life story in the middle of a dossier. See attached report in the GDrive.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Common Sense - CirCe prides herself in her greatest superpower; Common Sense.
- Silence is Golden - She's not sure why, maybe something to do with her SURGE nature, but CirCe is easier to use the matrix around.
- Down the Rabbit Hole - When you are raised not only in, but by the matrix itself, you never learn what is or isn't clickbait. Plus, you learn all these interesting new things!
- Basement Dweller - CirCe was locked in a basement for the first 16 years of her life. Sure, she had the 'trix to escape into, but she still never developed metahuman social skills. Sprites just don't communicate in the same way.
- Social Appearance Anxiety (SAA) - To make up for her crippling social anxiety, CirCe tries to dress sharp. But when her attire isn't perfect, all those anxieties come rushing back.
- Designated Omega - CirCe is not a leader of metahumanity. She second-guesses everything, umms and aahs, and can't quite project her force of will on others. Why can't they just be like programs and sprites? Things would be so much easier.
CirCe has SURGE III She has the form of an anthropomorphic fox, as well as some technological senses, and an uncomfortable aura to mages and animals.
- Functional Tail (Balance)
- Thermographic Vision
- Astral Hazing
- Critter Spook
- Slow Healer
- Striking Skin Pigmentation (Golden Skin)
- Unusual Hair
- Nothing, Yet!
- Jinx - Connection 5, Loyalty 1 - Fixer (Networking)
- The Gun Fairy - Connection 5, Loyalty 1 - Gun Merchant (Swag)
- Reagan - Connection 2, Loyalty 1 - Tailor (Swag)
- Diana - CirCe's runner roomie
In Character Information
Symbols and Signatures
CirCe's sprites all render as canids, so they can be a bit distinctive when someone recognizes the pattern
Matrix Search Table
|1 hit||A witch from Greek and Roman mythology. Famous for turning Odysseus's crew into pigs in Homer's Illiad.|
|3 hits||A number of requests have been submitted on an anonymous messageboard asking for CirCe to 'fix' things.|
|4+ hits||A cybercriminal in Seattle, known for taking tricky matrix jobs, both in the normal matrix, and in the resonance.|
Shadow Community Table
|1 hit||Brand new runner to the Seattle scene. Matrix work.|
|2 hits||One of Jinx's charges, sells her as a 'matrix information specialist'. Wears full-body clothing at work, including a fancy wolf mask. Rather reclusive, and often seen with the runner Diana.|
|3 hits||Some kind of NeoNET escapee who Jinx helped go off the grid until NeoNET folded last year. Worked on a bunch of some of her side projects before starting as a runner.|
|4+ hits||A Vulpinesque Changeling Technomancer with a steampunk fascination. I mean seriously, what's with that!?|
- Coco Le Fay (Evo)
CirCe is a changeling best described as an anthropomorphic fox. She has short, white-gold fur, darkening to black on her shins and forearms. She also has a bushy tail that she clearly takes care of, and her head resembles that of a fox, with large ears on the top of her head and a snout. In the dark, her fur luminesces, casting a pale golden glow around her.
Under her fur, her skin is an almost metallic gold, which is rather unsettling where it shows around her eyes and nose.
When she is in public, CirCe's outfit of choice is a deep red steampunk dress, with a voluminous skirt that she hides her backpack in.
While on a job, she also wears a elaborate wolf's head steel masquerade mask with a hood, chosen so that she can conceal her features and snout without being obviously inhuman.
CirCe's default matrix persona is a russet-coloured 5-tailed cybered kitsune in a steampunk-style suit, including a top hat with goggles around it. It's subtle, but if you look closely, rather than the smooth surfaces of most animal personas, it looks like every single hair has been individually rendered and has physics, making the persona uncannily real.