|Preferred Payment Method||Cash (ECC)|
|Hobbies/Vice||Entertainment (Matrix Games)|
|Faction||Streets of Redmond|
Recently discovered in an abandoned arcade in Redmond, Cabinet Man is a living legend. In the early 2030s, when VR was a new, speculative technology and the matrix hadn't quite been born, the UCAS government performed an experiment with a Ghost Dance War veteran who had been maimed by a landmine and was on life support. His mangled body was placed on life support, and he was attached to a cabinet in the new VR arcades that popped up before VR became a home computer phenomenon. The game he was in was a holdover from Project MKUltra continued in secret by the new UCAS government - Polybius 2. It was said to be an intense, geometric rhythmic shooter and action game that would alter the personalities of its players. Legends of players leaving Polybius 2 dead or different spread, drawing crowds to see the mysterious game with its strangely human-like VR god. In time, he came to be known as Cabinet Man. Once VR became more widespread and online gaming became a fad, the arcades closed down. The UCAS government either forgot about Cabinet Man or chose to cover him up. The land the arcade is on is technically owned by Ares Macrotechnology, but they haven't developed it in nearly 50 years. Today, his arcade has reopened and is making a modest income from retro enthusiasts. Anyone who plays Polybius 2, however, has been emphatically warned not to cheat. He won't hurt you unless you cheat.
- Decker: +2 to tests involving cyberdecks.
- Old School: +2 to tests involving lore and technology that's old or based heavily on old tech, such as throwback or permanently offline devices.
- Jury Rigger: +2 to tests involving hardware.
- Swarm Rigger: +2 to tests involving drones.
- Tech Vendor: +2 to tests involving tech.
- Entombed: Cabinet Man is unable to move due to requiring a massive life support machine to survive, and so he cannot do anything in meatspace at all. He may require you to perform some task in meatspace in order to complete a favor you ask of him, at the GM's discretion, and this should not incur a discount for this reason alone nor count as doing a favor for him.
- Living Fossil: Having missed out on about 50 years of history, Cabinet Man is woefully misinformed about the world. Being out of touch gives him a -2 to all Networking tests as well as a -2 to make any tests that require having sufficiently up-to-date info without having adequate time to research it first (GM's discretion).
- Gear Acquisition Tests: 10 + Loyalty + Aspects
- Networking Tests: 4 + Loyalty + Aspects
- Active Skill Tests: 2 + Loyalty + Aspects
- Knowledge Skill Tests: 0 + Loyalty + Aspects
Player Characters with this Contact
|"Dandy" Dale Hardin||3||Even|