|B&E / Muscle|
|Titles and Awards||0|
|D.O.B.||August 13th, 2055|
Metatype - B |
Attributes - A
Magic/Resonance - E
Skills - D
Resources - C
- 1 Character Information
- 2 In Character Information
Black Rose, or 'Rose' to those that can't be bothered saying the whole thing, is a cat-burglar. However, she's both capable and enthusiastic about employing her troll muscles and durability to get a job done.
There are two types of thief; those who steal to enrich their lives, and those that steal to define their lives.
Rose, being a bit of a heist junkie, is always looking for The Job. The big one. The One. The job that'll go down in the history books as the Greatest Job.
Well, there's also the possibility of settling down, retiring, buying a Lurssen Mobius; Something like that.
But the JOB. That's the thing.
Rose discovered very early in life that she was far more agile than the average troll. Shunned by troll society for being untrollish, she preferred to practice gymnastics with the humans and elves, who tended to shun her for being a troll.
This resulted, over time, with Rose having a strong desire to just fit in SOMEWHERE. So she made herself a bit of a niche in the criminal underworld as a cat-burglar, specifically an art thief.
There's a lot more to her story, but most people don't want a life story in the middle of a dossier. See attached report in the GDrive.
Narrative Significant Qualities
- Exceptional Attribute: Agility - Rose is exceptionally agile for a troll. This shows in her gait, her posture, and in the way she can run up the sides of buildings. It is also one of the most defining aspects she has, at least in her own perception.
- Watch the Suit - Rose takes a lot of pride in her appearance. Nobody screws with her attire. Nobody.
- Electronic Witness - Rose has developed the desperate need to film her entire life. She's careful about it, naturally, but she can't stand to not be recording. There's a reason, but don't ask unless you want her to describe her lovelife. Because, unfortunately, like a lot of bad habits, it's got something to do with a boy.
- Signature - Rose's first theft was a big deal for her. A dozen lovingly crafted black metal roses. To remember this, and to gloat a bit, Rose leaves a ARO of one of these roses in the place of every item she steals.
- Poor Self Control - Compulsive Caser - Rose has been a professional thief for a decent portion of her adult life. She has cased so many locations that she now does it obsessively, often refusing to proceed from a room until she's worked out a way to break back in. This can display as several kinds of behavior, like:
- Pacing in front of building, or around if possible, before entering.
- Carefully searching for cameras.
- Examining any visible security systems, especially around any objects of value.
- Fruit of the Moneytree, 13-11-2018
- Fuck the Radio, 09-12-2018
- 9mm and a Three Piece Suit, 17-12-2018
- Cider Road, 10-03-2019
- Raine Pentsworth -> Connection 4, Loyalty 3 - Fixer (Networking)
- Johnny Caveson -> Connection 3, Loyalty 1 - B&E Equipment Purveyor (Swag)
In Character Information
Symbols and Signatures
Rose's first heist was stealing a dozen black and gold metal roses, and this first theft is hugely important to her. She sold off eleven of the dozen, but keeps one with her, and leaves an ARO image of the last rose in the place of anything she steals. This started as a reminder, visited on being a thrill, played with being an addiction, but now has become so habitual that Rose herself no longer thinks about doing it, and would likely struggle to consider not leaving her calling card.
Furthermore, with her branding as "The Rose Thief", Rose has taken her moniker to heart, preferring to show a rose (or a symbol of a rose) on her person at most times.
Matrix Search Table
|1 hit||Hmm... Maybe turn safe-search on to filter out the pornstars. There's an... alarming number by that name.|
|2 hits||UCAS authorities report an art thief who leaves a distinctive ARO of a black rose in place of anything they steal.|
|3 hits||The 'Rose Thief' or 'Black Rose' is believed to be a female troll currently residing somewhere in Tacoma, Seattle, and active as a shadowrunner in the local underworld. If you have any information regarding this person, please report it to your nearest Knight-Errant representative.|
|4+ hits||The 'Rose Thief' or 'Black Rose' is suspected to be one 'Grace Lisbon', a female troll from Seattle whose identity information was lost in the Crash 2.0. Restored SIN records place Grace in North Tacoma with 68.304% Accuracy. (20% Accuracy loss due to severe eye injury causing full replacement)
Grace has also lived under the alias 'Georgia Lisbon', A secure corporate courier. This false identity is the work of known criminal decker Jack Reist(Deceased)
Shadow Community Table
|1 hit||UCAS Art Thief turned shadowrunner. Based in Seattle. Leaves an ARO calling card of a rose when stealing something.|
|2 hits||Well-dressed troll cat-burglar. Known to frequent 'The Bartender Adept' in Edgewood. Rides a Thundercloud Mustang motorcycle. Her toolbag contains a notable number of tools for breaking and entering, including a battering ram.|
|3+ hits||Known to take more time than necessary in a location, apparently because she is casing it for future burglary. Records everything through a number of recording devices. Doesn't carry a firearm, instead makes a habit of firing her cyberarm at targets she can't normally reach. Seems to enjoy the subsequent 'fire-arm' jokes.|
- Alex Minrathous (UCAS)
- Rose Tyler (UCAS)
Rose is a troll, but very slight for the metatype, only standing just over 2m tall, with more of an athletic build than a muscular one, which can make her stand out a bit when among other trolls.
She has shoulder length blonde hair that seems almost impossible to tame, seeming to adopt a new unintentional hairstyle every morning, which Rose gave up on a long time ago, so she just leaves it be. It's not that untidy. Just not able to be controlled (Or so she tells herself).
Her most striking feature, however, is her eyes; at a glance they could be normal, until you look properly; the irises are a flat, unpatterned green, and the whites of her eyes are metallic, with subtle shifting patterns in a slightly different texture across the surface.
Since you'd been staring into her eyes to work out what the frag is up with them, you'd then notice that the pupils aren't circular. They have a jagged edge, which on even closer inspection are the edges of a rose motif.
Now stop staring into her eyes, weirdo. You're being creepy.
Rose hates looking untidy. As such, her go-to outfit is branded high-fashion, subtly modified for running. Currently, it's an electrochromic Berwick Dress and Argentum Coat ensemble, prepared for the latest gala or for cutting into a corp compound (Quite literally, she has a miniwelder built into the sleeve).
Even her 'casual' attire is tidy; Rose will tend to wear rather business-like shirts and skirts when not in her high-fashion getup. In fact, just about the only times that she won't wear something tidy is when she absolutely needs to wear something specific; like her chameleon suit, a uniform, or some full-body riot armour.
But - Rose does have an unusual caveat to this personal rule; She'll often wear a bulky helmet and custom face mask. Even if she's wearing the dress. That being said, she is one of those women who can bench-press most people who'd find fault with that.
Rose's Matrix Persona is a stock grey female metahumanoid, dressed in a black suit trimmed in red, with a matching fedora.